Die Bundesliga

Paully

About to witness history here.

The first live football match between 3pm and 5pm on a Saturday to be shown on TV in the UK.

:lol: that seems like something that shouldn’t be historic. Is there something sacrosanct about late afternoon that precludes scheduling football matches?

You've surely noticed this before? None of the 3pm games are ever shown on UK TV. Its to protect lower league clubs I think

:thup: that would make sense.

Part of me assumed that it was just another “we’ve done it this way since 1903 ergo it’s the only way,” and it wouldn’t compute if you ever suggested a 3:00pm kickoff.

It’s weird and it’s needless as well. They can’t have fans fair enough, but they don’t have to dilute everything else about it and ruin it.

They’ve all been tested and all been tested negative. So there’s no need for masks, no need for the subs sitting 2 meters apart, Christy they can shag each other if they want they know they’re not infected. No goal celebrations, no handshakes, managers got a mask on, it’s a joke this

It’s weird and it’s needless as well. They can’t have fans fair enough, but they don’t have to dilute everything else about it and ruin it.

They’ve all been tested and all been tested negative. So there’s no need for masks, no need for the subs sitting 2 meters apart, Christy they can shag each other if they want they know they’re not infected. No goal celebrations, no handshakes, managers got a mask on, it’s a joke this

You could, ya know, not watch.

I always support Dortmund when they're on but there's too many young Americans in the league to just pick one.

So, Dortmund, Schalke, RB Leipzig, and Werder Bremen it is.

Have been meaning to ask why there are so many Americans in Germany actually. Do the players tend to come from military families?

I'm not really sure, it used to mostly be military kids but not anymore. I think it's mostly because they wouldn't get a work permit in the UK, German clubs have thoroughly scouted the US recently, and it's an easier cultural adjustment then Spain or Italy. There's a bunch more playing throughout German academics, too.

Disappointing Rayna got hurt and missed this start, would've been a great platform for him.

Why are they wearing masks when they’ve all tested negative? This makes no sense

It makes no sense to people groomed in a joke of a country. In a country that have pretty much nailed their response I'm sure it makes perfect sense.