Die Bundesliga

Paully

The games today have reminded me of the midday group games in the World Cup/Euro’s between average teams.

It’s not as bad as people feared or are making out. You also have to remember that the teams have had limited training and virtually no team training.

Definitely a mistake, every manager makes them. I really like Mbabu, pretty much a prototype full back. Wasn't Cathro the one that trained him up?

I only saw him in a couple of games and he looked class then. I'm not sure what the manager was seeing the rest of the time, he must have been really shit in training.

Definitely a mistake, every manager makes them. I really like Mbabu, pretty much a prototype full back. Wasn't Cathro the one that trained him up?

I only saw him in a couple of games and he looked class then. I'm not sure what the manager was seeing the rest of the time, he must have been really shit in training.

I'm sure he said he wasn't entirely happy here as he didn't feel he was ready for the physicality. We have to remember we signed him when he was 17 or 18 from his home country, it's a pretty big ask and the club was/is having a pretty rough time. He probably could have moved somewhere bigger than Young Boys but the fact he chose to return to Switzerland says something imo.

By the looks of what I've seen since, he'd be more than capable in this league now.

I'm sure he said he wasn't entirely happy here as he didn't feel he was ready for the physicality. We have to remember we signed him when he was 17 or 18 from his home country, it's a pretty big ask and the club was/is having a pretty rough time. He probably could have moved somewhere bigger than Young Boys but the fact he chose to return to Switzerland says something imo.

By the looks of what I've seen since, he'd be more than capable in this league now.

Well that's strange because in that televised match where he was outstanding, his physicality stood out. Pretty sure when we let him go, most of us on here were against him leaving on the Mbabu thread.

Well that's strange because in that televised match where he was outstanding, his physicality stood out. Pretty sure when we let him go, most of us on here were against him leaving on the Mbabu thread.

Absolutely, but what I mean is perhaps the decision to let him go was for personal reasons - rather than him not being deemed good enough.

Absolutely, but what I mean is perhaps the decision to let him go was for personal reasons - rather than him not being deemed good enough.

Well that would make sense, so we'll go with that.

I dont think this no fans football is as horrific as people said it would be

It’s awful. It’s just reinforced my believe fans should be paid to attend matches as they bring that much to the whole package  :snod:

I dont think this no fans football is as horrific as people said it would be

It’s crap, I turned off after 20 mins of HBerlin match yesterday, wont watch it, I could stomach NUFC games only.

Thought Muller was on the decline but he’s currently top assists provider in the Bundesliga with 16 along with 10 goals in all comps. Resurgence.

I thought he was on the decline but he's really turned a Muller Corner.

Guest neesy111

Yeah, it's not bad as expected just needs some atmosphere blasting into the stadiums.

They should call Charlie Methven, he knows all about that.

:lol: :thup:

Guest Carrick18

Alphonso Davies looks a player. A brilliant athlete, but clearly has technical ability in abundance too.

If you cant watch football without fans in the stands then you probably dont like football.

Aye I've been thinking this as well. Obviously fans improve it with the atmosphere in bigger games but the sport itself is still played the same

I didn’t think it was as bad as I expected. Reminded me of those Olympic events in sports halls, where there aren’t many fans.

Yes, that's exactly what it was like. It was about as rubbish as they are.

I didn’t think it was as bad as I expected. Reminded me of those Olympic events in sports halls, where there aren’t many fans.

Yes, that's exactly what it was like. It was about as rubbish as they are.

Well, the atmosphere is obviously not there, but the technical sport was. I'm a big fan of football and not so reliant on rivalry and fans etc, so maybe that's why. Obviously fans is still much better.