Newcastle United 3 - 0 Sheffield United - 21/06/2020 - Post-match from page 24

BlueStar

Good question asked there to be fair, when Joelinton got through did anyone actually think he’d score?

I didn’t.

I was thinking that he should, but I did not expect him too.

You could see him hesitate for a split second when he realised he was in, from that point he was never scoring.

Even if Joelinton had hit that cleanly it still wouldn't have been a goal from that position.

If he had struck it cleanly and tucked it into the bottom corner, it most definitely would have been a goal, I mean, that's how it works.

From that angle the keeper had it covered, would have needed incredible curl to get round him IMO.

If your going to near post then it needs lots of pace to surprise the GK.

Yup, to score at the near post from there you’d need to welly it like Shearer

Even if Joelinton had hit that cleanly it still wouldn't have been a goal from that position.

If he had struck it cleanly and tucked it into the bottom corner, it most definitely would have been a goal, I mean, that's how it works.

From that angle the keeper had it covered, would have needed incredible curl to get round him IMO.

Eh? He wasn't even that wide of the goal. A guided effort into the far corner (not too incredible) would have required a very good save from Henderson.

Rose Joelinton off.

Gayle Carroll on please.

Switch the shape and put Ritchie at LB

giphy.gif

We need a goal. Its going to be impossible carrying on with Joelinton

True, but i would think Muto giving us movement might be better. Opinions are great how they differ mind.

If your going to near post then it needs lots of pace to surprise the GK.

It looked like he was trying to curl it into the far corner, but yeah from that angle needed a lot more pace to beat the keeper. Think he would have just ended up passing it to him anyway.

True, but i would think Muto giving us movement might be better. Opinions are great how they differ mind.

I thought similar, but Gayle opening space up for carroll and Almiron. And the chance of two finishers on the pitch might help.👍🏻

Not seen enough of Muto other than vs Man Utd where we looked well for 20 mins took the lead only to lose heavy.

I thought similar, but Gayle opening space up for carroll and Almiron. And the chance of two finishers on the pitch might help.👍🏻

Not seen enough of Muto other than vs Man Utd where we looked well for 20 mins took the lead only to lose heavy.

Red card, reckon any chance might be available now.

His attempt to open up his body was so tragic.

He should have just toe poked it or used the outside of his right foot to aim for the far corner.