Newcastle United 3 - 0 Sheffield United - 21/06/2020 - Post-match from page 24

BlueStar

Even game. We've passed it around pretty well at times. Obviously the Joelinton miss is the massive chance. Not been a classic but certainly watchable.

Think we’ve been the better team tbh. Don’t remember them creating much, we’ve had a few.

That Berge looks incredibly average for what they paid for him

Agree he's looked pretty average, but he's a central defensive midfielder being played out of position in this team.

Feels like we're not as cautious playing at home as we are when there's a crowd in.

Disgusting lack of quality from both sides, like. So sloppy.

Definitely signs that the team prefers not having the crowd. Think it makes them more anxious for sure.

Rose and Ritchie have been shit.

Joelinton needs to make some runs, a how did he not decide to use his left foot? He didn’t even need any power, just lift it over the keeper.

The referee has given them some soft free kicks.

Not bad, Joelinton about as far from scoring as possible on that chance as the main talking point. Since he's also got himself booked for nothing, Bruce has to hook him at HT.

Sheff Utd look very poor, but their delivery from dead balls is very good, way better than ours. I could see that deciding the match if we are passive and let it happen.

Even if Joelinton had hit that cleanly it still wouldn't have been a goal from that position.

If he had struck it cleanly and tucked it into the bottom corner, it most definitely would have been a goal, I mean, that's how it works.

Even if Joelinton had hit that cleanly it still wouldn't have been a goal from that position.

If he had struck it cleanly and tucked it into the bottom corner, it most definitely would have been a goal, I mean, that's how it works.

From that angle the keeper had it covered, would have needed incredible curl to get round him IMO.

Guest neesy111

From that angle the keeper had it covered, would have needed incredible curl to get round him IMO.

If your going to near post then it needs lots of pace to surprise the GK.