Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester City - 28/06/20 - post match from p30

Disco

The gap Sterling finds doesn't exist if Bruce hadn't swapped to a back 4. 

What?! :lol:

We actually had just created a great chance in the new formation and were actually getting on the ball, so can't fault the formation change at all.

1) channels for Man City are narrower and better guarded with a narrow back 5.

2) we scored twice playing 5-4-1 in the 2-1 win.  Don't just assume we couldn't have created opportunities without changing the formation.

If we get this takeover sorted we'll have our shot at the FA Cup and more over the next few years. Were we ever going to win it this year anyway? Got this far playing lower league opposition and still struggled with that. First sniff of a PL team and they've about 80% possession. Even if by some miracle we got through this game, we'd have had to beat Arsenal and either Man Utd or Chelsea. It was never happening. :lol: Nowhere near good enough on and off the pitch.

We actually had just created a great chance in the new formation and were actually getting on the ball, so can't fault the formation change at all.

2) we scored twice playing 5-4-1 in the 2-1 win.  Don't just assume we couldn't have created opportunities without changing the formation.

Under a manager who knows how to play that system

Under a manager who knows how to play that system

You're right.  I still think changing to a back 4 was not the right approach.  Said it at the time and stand by it.

I’m really upset watching just how bad some of our players are. Nothing about this game, just a general realisation that we’re a nothing club. Now the “exciting” players are off there’s nothing worth watching.

I’m really upset watching just how bad some of our players are. Nothing about this game, just a general realisation that we’re a nothing club. Now the “exciting” players are off there’s nothing worth watching.

Nah, it’s rank. Sheffield Utd was a freak event, this and Villa are reality.

Nah, it’s rank. Sheffield Utd was a freak event.

Hardly if we also beat them at their place as well this season.

Apart from the top teams you are surrendering possession against these ,you have to take a chance if it comes along, despite the performance Gayle takes that chance and we are right in it.

Small margins , in the past few games against City we have took the chances when we opened up a bit more.

Did you watch that game?

S. Longstaff has been very poor. No idea why we are not selling him if offers come. At least after the take over shouldnt be anywhere near first XI. To be fair everyone has been crap today.

Did you watch that game?

Aye we won 2-0.

Nah, it’s rank. Sheffield Utd was a freak event, this and Villa are reality.

Coincidence that the last two wins our goals came against 10 men?