Jeff Hendrick (on loan at Sheffield Wednesday)

gdm

Gillespie

Pedestrian championship midfielder at best. Offers nothing.

Absolutely this.  A pointless signing.  Just behind Joelinton in the shitiest player competition.

Tied second with Carroll in top ten w*** signings since we were promoted

1) Joelinton

2=) Carroll

2=) Hendrick

4) Muto

5) Atsu

6) Joselu

7) Kraft

8) Bentaleb's loan

9) Ki

10) Gillespie

I commented with this on the Newcastle Fans TV channel on youtube.  The guy actually said he thought hendrick was good in the first half.  Literally insane.

Hendrick is and was absolutely terrible, how you can think he was good in the first half is beyond my understanding.  He doesn't bother to even mark.

Here are his stats from 139 premier league games.  The key one for the type of midfielder he is 97 interceptions from 139 games, absolutely woeful.

Attack

Goals 11

Goals per match 0.08

Headed goals 1

Goals with right foot 9

Goals with left foot 1

Penalties scored 0

Freekicks scored 0

Shots 107

Shots on target 26

Shooting accuracy %24%

Hit woodwork 0

Big chances missed 7

Team Play

Assists 6

Passes 3,502

Passes per match 25.19

Big Chances Created 7

Crosses 99

Cross accuracy %21%

Through balls 10

Accurate long balls 152

Defence

Tackles 98

Tackle success %54%

Blocked shots 40

Interceptions 97

Clearances 105

Headed Clearance 51

Recoveries 563

Duels won 379

Duels lost 580

Successful 50/50s 89

Aerial battles won 105

Aerial battles lost 171

Errors leading to goal 0

Then reason he has 0 errors leading to goals is because he does jack shit.

Should never play for the club again - almost cost us the game.

shelvey?

Exactly Shelvey shit free kick they score straight after. Shelvey missed a sitter then 2 minutes later Hendrick gets sent off. If Shelvey wasn’t shit we would have been 4-1 up and Southampton’s heads would have dropped

Every time i think a player is the shitties we've ever had at a certain position along comes someone who's worse, i thought we'd never have a worse midfielder than Colback but this guy really does make Colback look like the Ginger Pirlo.

I have conversations with people that say, well he doesn't do much wrong, we have far more to worry about in other areas.

HE DOESN'T DO MUCH WRONG BECAUSE HE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING.

I have never hated an NUFC player so much before.

FUCK I AM ANGRY.

Part of the reason I hate him is because he represents the ambition of this club so well. Been lacking quality in midfield really since Cabaye left. Certainly been an area that needed addressing since we got back up, but lack of investment has been dire.

Hendrick on a free is just the epitome of Ashley run Newcastle in 2020. Every team around us, and even ones we could realistically compete with have been signing real quality midfielders in past couple of years - and our answer is Jeff Hendrick.

Don't believe for a second we we're having bids rejected in the summer for Soumare, Jeff's arrival was more than enough.

Every time i think a player is the shitties we've ever had at a certain position along comes someone who's worse, i thought we'd never have a worse midfielder than Colback but this guy really does make Colback look like the Ginger Pirlo.

I have conversations with people that say, well he doesn't do much wrong, we have far more to worry about in other areas.

HE DOESN'T DO MUCH WRONG BECAUSE HE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING.

I have never hated an NUFC player so much before.

FUCK I AM ANGRY.

[emoji38]

I commented with this on the Newcastle Fans TV channel on youtube.  The guy actually said he thought hendrick was good in the first half.  Literally insane.

Hendrick is and was absolutely terrible, how you can think he was good in the first half is beyond my understanding.  He doesn't bother to even mark.

Here are his stats from 139 premier league games.  The key one for the type of midfielder he is 97 interceptions from 139 games, absolutely woeful.

Attack

Goals 11

Goals per match 0.08

Headed goals 1

Goals with right foot 9

Goals with left foot 1

Penalties scored 0

Freekicks scored 0

Shots 107

Shots on target 26

Shooting accuracy %24%

Hit woodwork 0

Big chances missed 7

Team Play

Assists 6

Passes 3,502

Passes per match 25.19

Big Chances Created 7

Crosses 99

Cross accuracy %21%

Through balls 10

Accurate long balls 152

Defence

Tackles 98

Tackle success %54%

Blocked shots 40

Interceptions 97

Clearances 105

Headed Clearance 51

Recoveries 563

Duels won 379

Duels lost 580

Successful 50/50s 89

Aerial battles won 105

Aerial battles lost 171

Errors leading to goal 0

Then reason he has 0 errors leading to goals is because he does jack s***.

Who was it? Lee Lawler? He’s usually pretty terrible.

Part of me think he's actually suited to be the midfielder that breaks forward. Since we've gone to a 3 in midfield, Shelvey always seems to be the one who ends up getting forward into the box.

From reading Burnley forum other week, they seemed to think he was an inconsistent enigma but wasted played wide right by Dyche and always best as a 10 for them. From what we've seen he's not a right sided player, and playing him there was ludicrous.

Clear as day he's no interest in doing anything as far as holding midfield goes, so would be more inclined to give him one final shot in a role that sees him push forward instead of Shelvey. Both massive ball bags, but Shelvey hangs lowest.

Dire options as midfield goes. Probably best bet is to give Matty a run of games, he's always looked best out of bad bunch.

Part of me think he's actually suited to be the midfielder that breaks forward. Since we've gone to a 3 in midfield, Shelvey always seems to be the one who ends up getting forward into the box.

From reading Burnley forum other week, they seemed to think he was an inconsistent enigma but wasted played wide right by Dyche and always best as a 10 for them. From what we've seen he's not a right sided player, and playing him there was ludicrous.

Clear as day he's no interest in doing anything as far as holding midfield goes, so would be more inclined to give him one final shot in a role that sees him push forward instead of Shelvey. Both massive ball bags, but Shelvey hangs lowest.

Dire options as midfield goes. Probably best bet is to give Matty a run of games, he's always looked best out of bad bunch.

From what I've seen, he looks best as the more defensive partner in a centre midfield pairing.

Now and then, there are signs of a better player, but wherever he's picked the result will be the same unless he imposes himself on the game more. He's over-cautious and seems to worry too much about making a mistake.

He also doesn't seem to communicate with his team mates. You really want your experienced players to show leadership, but I see no signs of that.

Shame, because it's a bit of a waste.

Despite all the other shit, there were moments I noticed where it looked like his responsibility to help cover the right back so he wasn't doubled up on but it happened multiple times.

He may not statistically be the error for goals but I've noticed many times in the build up that his invisibility leads to goals.

For example that Palace equaliser where all he needed to do was charge down the shot but couldn't be bothered.

He doesn’t do anything with much intention besides foul people. Go figure.

He doesn't even get close enough to foul them, that's what makes him so useless. How many times do you actually see him win the ball in a midfield tussle?