Ryan Fraser (on loan at Southampton)

Chapo

1 minute ago, Miggys First Goal said:

I wonder if he’s well liked amongst the lads or whether there’s a bit of “if you would just fuck off then we could bring in someone better” attitude towards him. 

Players would normally understand the money side of it, I doubt they'd hold it against another player for looking after himself. It's the club hiearchy and management who'll want him out more.

On 04/08/2023 at 12:35, aussiemag said:

Expendable Players:

Ryan Fraser - 2.2 mill per year until 2025  Jeff Hendricks - 2.6  mill per year until 2024

Isaac Hayden - 1.2 mill per year until 2026

Emil Krafth - 2.9 mill per year until 2024

Javier Manquillo - 1.8 mill per year until 2024 

2023/24 Impact - 10.7 million

2024/25 Impact - 3.4 million 

2025/26 Impact - 1.2 million 

Total - 15.3 million pounds over 3 years

We will have some more wriggle room to upgrade the squad once these players are off the books. A 50 mill pound player on 100k a week costs around 15 mill pounds per season over a 5 year contract. 

I would think we need another 3 of these next season. So we will need to continue to grow revenue at another 30 mill a year or start selling players for high transfer fees. 

No way Krafth earns more than Fraser

2 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Is Ryan just sitting on his fat contract? Is he injured? Disappointing, if not shameful,  given how short a playing career is, that someone would just accept money for nothing and miss out on playing out his career with pride. 

Wait til you hear about all the players moving to Saudi

16 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

I wonder if he’s well liked amongst the lads or whether there’s a bit of “if you would just fuck off then we could bring in someone better” attitude towards him. 

he’s been excluded from the first team training for the best part of a year so they probably don’t think about him much apart from the former Bournemouth lot 

2 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Wait til you hear about all the players moving to Saudi

At least they’ll play. And in all likelihood have more influence on games/be more involved than they would in previous leagues. I get needing to have financial security. I don’t get throwing away the opportunity to play competitive football. 

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

His next contract will be a pittance compared to what he's on now, don't blame him one bit for hanging on to it. 

yes I don’t get it when people are saying he should play for pride and glory elsewhere.

what is he meant to do as a squad player for Everton or Norwich that will lead to pride equivalent to the £2m a year he would thus lose out on.

Is he injured? Reading between the lines recon it could be a case of his injury history deeming him not long for the game, and he's getting out as much of his contract possible knowing he may not even get a 2/3 year deal at a Championship on.

However true - but when he left Bouremouth it wasn't a huge bust up with Howe as publicised, and just him not wanting to risk injury playing the Covid games ruining his value for a free transfer that summer. 

Would tie in him wanting that last big contract post Bouremouth if he's been told somewhere in his career that injuries are going to retire him before 32/33...

Edited by Hot Since 1882

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Don’t blame him at all for sitting. 

We’ll do good to get 50% of his wages off for this season. 

Problem with these lot. They’ve not contributed a lot to any team in a good few years. 

This. The lad calling him 'shameful' for not voluntarily forfeiting millions of pounds ffs :lol:

31 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

This. The lad calling him 'shameful' for not voluntarily forfeiting millions of pounds ffs :lol:

We’ve each got our own values and the difference isn’t critical; such as between having enough money for the rest of your life, or not having enough money for the rest of your life. It is just robbing a living where you’re not needed or wanted vs. recouping less but actually earning a living by doing what you’re good at. Personally, I think he’d find it a lot easier to look at himself in the mirror with the latter approach to his ‘career’. 

30 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

We’ve each got our own values and the difference isn’t critical; such as between having enough money for the rest of your life, or not having enough money for the rest of your life. It is just robbing a living where you’re not needed or wanted vs. recouping less but actually earning a living by doing what you’re good at. Personally, I think he’d find it a lot easier to look at himself in the mirror with the latter approach to his ‘career’. 

If he has family he could set his kids up for life, or he could play some championship football. Not a hard decision.

And he’s being paid by the largest sovereign wealth fund in the world, it’s not like the owners will miss the money. If it wasn’t for FFP no Newcastle fans would give a stuff either.

To be honest, I think he is mid to lower table Championship standard now anyways. It's a sad end to a career that is so short anyways, but completely understand picking up a wage that other clubs won't even be willing to meet half way wage wise. Meh, hopefully a mistake with a contract that won't be repeated, and be left in the past with the previous owner.

I loved his effort at the back end of the season before last. He ran himself into the ground. He played an important part in some good results. He seemed well liked in those vids with longstaff etc. He's got a good sense of humour.  Shame it's went the way it has like.

Just now, pedro111 said:

I loved his effort at the back end of the season before last. He ran himself into the ground. He played an important part in some good results. He seemed well liked in those vids with longstaff etc. He's got a good sense of humour.  Shame it's went the way it has like.

Aye, the Fraser and Burn comedy duo was pretty class while it lasted.