Ryan Fraser (on loan at Southampton)

Chapo

Strange, considering that Fraser gave at least five interviews last season that were positively gushing in praise for Howe. 

I think when he decides that he wants to move on (his lack of game time won’t get any better here) he just checks out on the hard work. He was playing and motivated last season. This year not so much.

Edited by GeordieDazzler

fallout after bournemouth away?

he probabaly thought why put him on the bench all of a sudden but not bring him on.

or did he not want to sit on the bench to abused by the home fans?

Edited by huss9

7 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Is it really though, when you see the  way he went on at Bournemouth?

That was a bit different. His contract was up and was looking to move elsewhere he had no interest in extending it for a month or so. I guess it would suggest he’s been looking to move on in January and it’s not worked out so he’s downed tools till the summer 

My guess is he wanted a move in January, didn't get one, and spat his dummy out a bit. Tis a bit mad if we blocked him from moving, like. He hasn't been in the picture for months. 

Just now, gdm said:

That was a bit different. His contract was up and was looking to move elsewhere he had no interest in extending it for a month or so. I guess it would suggest he’s been looking to move on in January and it’s not worked out so he’s downed tools till the summer 

I would still say it shows his personality and a question mark to his actual commitment. Doesn't matter anyway as he's not at the level we need to be at. 

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'm potentially making this up, but weren't there rumblings of him refusing to warm up at Bournemouth.

He completely downed tools didn't he? Refused to play as in the final few months of his contract and didn't want to jeopardise a move in the summer. Think it was when footy came back after covid hit.

31 minutes ago, Magpie said:

He completely downed tools didn't he? Refused to play as in the final few months of his contract and didn't want to jeopardise a move in the summer. Think it was when footy came back after covid hit.

His contract was up. Bournemouth wanted him to play on when the league restarted 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

His contract was up. Bournemouth wanted him to play on when the league restarted 

Which I initially thought wasn't unreasonable from him and their fans were harsh but I'm sure it was the Bournemouth fan on here (his name escapes me) who clarified that the issue was Fraser himself admitted he didn't try that season, which is unacceptable so totally understand why he got the grief he did

54 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Doubt we blocked any move for him in January btw, we let wood and Shelvey go who where more in the first team picture than Fraser.

That’s true but Howe didn’t seem thrilled about it. And seems like fee for Wood and Shelvey contract situation made it too much to turn around. After that Howe may have been unwilling to lose anymore and perhaps there was no attractive fee for Fraser.

dunno though like 

37 minutes ago, Magpie said:

He means for us when we played at Bournemouth