Ryan Fraser (on loan at Southampton)

Chapo

I don’t really view this as bad news. He’s obviously been whinging and Howe has dealt with it to focus on the players he’ll use. He could have been on the bench for the final. 

Given the circumstances he left Bournemouth in im entirely unsurprised how his career will end here. What is surprising is how utterly useless he’s been. 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

That is honestly the biggest horse shit yet. He’s absolutely a fan. 

Hacks are all tiresome as far as I’m concerned.  John Gibson still bangs on like NUFC’s greatest fan, yet chuckles at the thought of the time he betrayed MacDonald’s trust with the ‘Gordon Who?’ headline, which was at the heart of why Supermac left the club.  ‘Ho ho ho Gordon Lee never liked him after that’, and all to sell a few copies more of the Ronnie Gill.

Hope breaking that story this week isn’t the first one - there’s been a few arsehole pieces he’s ran in the last few days.  Fuck him, the moon-landing denying wanker. 

Murphy probably has less quality but he definitely offers alot more in terms of pace and pressing. 

He seems to revel in his role of just coming on and sprinting around like a maniac for 20 minutes each game. 

Never rated Fraser as a NUFC player. Slow. Rarely shows any quality.

But I reckon it's perhaps his attitude away from the match day that is the cause of him being frozen out and moved to the U21's.

Murphy seems a canny lad in the dressing room and I think he has more ability than Fraser at this point in their careers.

Being good vibes has earned some players millions in this game.

1 hour ago, 54 said:

I must have been imagining things in his post-match podcasts when he refers to himself as a fan and regularly brings up when he had a season ticket. 

If he was news journalist I'd take his point, even if labelling this 'news' shows you what he and many journalists think of themselves - but he's reporting on sport. He's definitely a journalist in the sense that he self-aggrandises over the importance of what he reports on, like. Going on like reporting on what is essentially gossip about a football team falls under some kind of important journalistic ethical code TO REPORT ON THE TRUTH GODDAMMIT!

In his and many journalists' minds they're following in the footsteps of Daphne Caruana Galizia or more typically Woodward and Bernstein, despite reporting on what is essentially a distraction from all that. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

I think it a player who has been on the bench recently and played earlier in the season being excluded from the first team is news like.

With Gordon cup tied and Willock touch and go he may have been on the bench for the final.

A couple more injuries and he might have came off the bench at some point between now and the end of the season.

Clearly there's been a fallout of some sort. Players aren't sent to train with the U21s mid season just because they're on the periphery of the squad.

Couldn’t care less about this, he’s offering nothing on the pitch these days and his attitude has been massively in question before when he was at Bournemouth. He probably kicked up a strop about us wanting to get rid of him in January and he wants to remain on premier league wages. Trust Howe to make all the right decisions. Not that fussed about Hope releasing the story, not exactly much of a story is it 

Other players left for similar wages with an extra year. Fraser courted interest from the Championship where a wage drop is required so not hard to see why he is still on our books. Won’t knock him for it, it’s a balance between the money and wanting games which he obviously wants to play but you have to remain professional and patient. You don’t get dropped to the U21s unless you’re effecting the group negatively.   

Has to be a falling out. Howe always stresses how important squad players are (Fernandez last season, Lascelles this season) and even if they are excluded from the 25 man squad he still speaks highly of them and they join in the bonding sessions (Lewis and Clark last season)

Feels like it must be a really severe falling out

Thought at the time, despite words to the contrary from both of them, that Eddie hadn't forgiven him for downing tools towards the end of his time at Bournemouth. Obviously he used him as and when necessary but doubt he'll have had any long term plans for him. 

• 2 weeks later...