Ryan Fraser (on loan at Southampton)

Chapo

2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Thanks for posting  this. 

it’s as expected no bust up, Fraser wants to play more which isn’t going to happen and thus wants to leave. 

I just read it and didn’t see that there was no bust up. I read that all they know is Fraser wanted to leave but remained in squad, was dropped for Liverpool, Fraser expressed dissatisfaction, was then dropped from whole first team squad. Reads to me that there likely was a bust up at that point. 

6 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

I just read it and didn’t see that there was no bust up. I read that all they know is Fraser wanted to leave but remained in squad, was dropped for Liverpool, Fraser expressed dissatisfaction, was then dropped from whole first team squad. Reads to me that there likely was a bust up at that point. 

I think it’s overblown and perfect slow news day fodder. Usually bust up leak after all. 

I would expect any good pro to complain about not playing. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

I think it’s overblown and perfect slow news day fodder. Usually bust up leak after all. 

I would expect any good pro to complain about not playing. 

Well exactly, so I think it’s unlikely his exile and Howe’s comments about commitment to NUFC are just about him normally complaining after Liverpool that he wants to play. 

On 04/03/2023 at 02:43, r0cafella said:

Given a complete lack of leaks regarding any form of official bust up I’m guessing your take is the correct one. 

The story on one NUFC podcast was he wasn’t putting it in during training. Trippier had words which didn’t go down well and ended up in an altercation between the pair leading to him being banished. 

It's hard to know with these things by definition, but reading that Athletic article, I would have to guess that Fraser has difficulties with his relationship to truth. And that's ultimately why Howe has segregated him.

It's a pity though as last season's Fraser wouldn't have been a bad option for us right now in terms of changing things up.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Rich said:

Howe said there's nowt on him, Hendrick, or Hayden in the presser today. Hooray.

These kind of transfers always end up being loans right at the end of the window 

Yep it'll be right at the end of the window. Nobody wants/can afford to buy them and also know we just want them gone. Clubs will also have other priorities first.

It'll be a case of waiting right to the end of the window and see which club gives the most favourable deal, even if this in terms of % wage contribution on loan.

Edited by ponsaelius

Also really vindicates getting rid of both Wood and Shelvey when we did, even if it weakened the squad on paper. Don't think it's unreasonable at all to suggest we could have been in a similar situation with both of them, particularly Shelvey.

Expendable Players:

Ryan Fraser - 2.2 mill per year until 2025  Jeff Hendricks - 2.6  mill per year until 2024

Isaac Hayden - 1.2 mill per year until 2026

Emil Krafth - 2.9 mill per year until 2024

Javier Manquillo - 1.8 mill per year until 2024 

2023/24 Impact - 10.7 million

2024/25 Impact - 3.4 million 

2025/26 Impact - 1.2 million 

Total - 15.3 million pounds over 3 years

We will have some more wriggle room to upgrade the squad once these players are off the books. A 50 mill pound player on 100k a week costs around 15 mill pounds per season over a 5 year contract. 

I would think we need another 3 of these next season. So we will need to continue to grow revenue at another 30 mill a year or start selling players for high transfer fees.