Callum Wilson

Strawberry

Guest reefatoon
34 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Why the reaction? Isn't it just the normal thing to do to scan a player's hamstring if they said they felt it at half time?

It's normal for a player with normal hamstrings, Wilson's case, not so much :lol:

If we want another creative player too (winger or midfielder) then we're not going to be able to sign a 'top' forward to replace Wilson. The likes of Osimhen and Isak will cost upwards of £60 million+. It just isn't feasible at this point in time. 

Even young prospects in forward areas are going to cost us £25-30 million. I'm fine with Pedro as his backup despite his goal record. It's not likes he's a kid who has never played a game. He's had 2.5 years regular football in England. I'm sure he can come into the side and contribute very positively to our system. 

Guest HTT II

I know we need more goals and assists, but I’ve said it a few times, I’m not so hung up on numbers specifically from an individual, it’s what they bring to the team in terms of their ability and individualism or how they effect the dynamics of our play that is more or equally as important. Wood gets berated for his lack of goals, but he WAS pivotal to us staying up last season and ASM who also gets stick for his ‘end product’, and I’m critical of him for that, without his game last season, we go down as he was our main attacking outlet.

45 minutes ago, Smal said:

As much as I love him, it's stuff like this that makes you realise he probably needs to be replaced sooner rather than later. If we play as intensely as we have been doing so far this season then his hamstrings are just gonna go pop every few weeks aren't they.

I wouldn't replace him, I'd add another top striker to compete for the shirt. There's always room for two quality strikers at a PL club when we play so many matches.

30 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Hope saying we are awaiting results of his scan before deciding transfer plans. Surely we get his scan results back almost instantly.

Surely shouldn't make a difference its going to happen at some point so replacement should be priority anyway. 

Hopefully not serious, I can imagine the staff and Wilson are very panicky over small strains or any kind of negative feeling he gets. 

Wish him well as I would love for him to get into that WC squad. Immediate feeling is he won’t be available for several weeks if not months but hopefully fine. 

Players who have lots of injuries tend to be ultra sensitive to any little niggle or strain that other players might pay no attention to.

Hopefully in this case, Wilson is being overly cautious and nothing shows up.

4 minutes ago, Ste said:

Hopefully not serious, I can imagine the staff and Wilson are very panicky over small strains or any kind of negative feeling he gets. 

Wish him well as I would love for him to get into that WC squad. Immediate feeling is he won’t be available for several weeks if not months but hopefully fine. 

He's already set to miss Tranmere. I'm sure this scan is just to assess any potential risks, and help devise a training plan for this week. I'm certain we won't take any risks so he might miss Wolves. But if he's back for the Liverpool game, that would be brilliant.

1 minute ago, xLiaaamx said:

Howe said "see how long he's out for" he's injured and he's missing games,  it's not just a precaution. 

Did he? I missed that.

Even so, he's definitely out for Tranmere, so it's a question of how long beyond that. The fact he didn't limp off or get carried off is a positive sign.

Edited by Happinesstan

3 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

He's already set to miss Tranmere. I'm sure this scan is just to assess any potential risks, and help devise a training plan for this week. I'm certain we won't take any risks so he might miss Wolves. But if he's back for the Liverpool game, that would be brilliant.

Best case scenario. 

Would imagine we're downplaying his injury so clubs don't try to ramp up transfer fees on strikers even more than they already are. I don't think the extent of it will be revealed until we've got somebody in. 

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Would imagine we're downplaying his injury so clubs don't try to ramp up transfer fees on strikers even more than they already are. I don't think the extent of it will be revealed until we've got somebody in. 

We surely wouldn’t have said anything then if that was the case ?