Callum Wilson: back in full training

Strawberry

3 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Da Fook?

While both are likely complete bs, imaging losing Wilson and Trippier this window. Madness in the lockeroom

Wilson is rarely in there anyway.

The players that are linked with going are at the point where their value is right at the point before it goes completely. As much as it feels weird, from a pragmatic point of view getting rid of the likes of Trippier, Wilson, Almiron now actually makes a huge amount of sense from a business point of view.

I'd also say it suggests that we are at least trying to be active in the transfer market. 

Edited by ponsaelius

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

The players that are linked with going are at the point where their value is right at the point before it goes completely. As much as it feels weird, from a pragmatic point of view getting rid of the likes of Trippier, Wilson, Almiron now actually makes a huge amount of sense from a business point of view.

all well and fine as long as the quality of replacements or the use of the money received are fit for purpose. 

Edited by Kanji

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

This is how proper clubs operate and for where we are in terms of PSR and what we need to do to evolve our squad over the next few years, it’s something that certainly does make sense. People may not like it/aren’t used to it but there’s a reason we’ll be doing this. Ashworth knows what he’s doing - trust him. 

6 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Operating like a real football club. 

49 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Aye, pizza Rob is talking out his arse there.

He’ll claim it’s what he wants not an actual deal…unless it comes off and he’ll claim to be an ITK.

45 minutes ago, Ash said:

This is how proper clubs operate and for where we are in terms of PSR and what we need to do to evolve our squad over the next few years, it’s something that certainly does make sense. People may not like it/aren’t used to it but there’s a reason we’ll be doing this. Ashworth knows what he’s doing - trust him. 

Can't really sell Wilson this window unless we buy a striker. Would probably be a bit too crazy to be left with Isak only for the remainder of the season. I don't think selling Trippier would mean that we're giving up on the season, because atleast we still have Livra and Krafth.

Edited by Erikse

4 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Can't really sell Wilson this window unless we buy a striker. Would probably be a bit too crazy to be left with Isak only for the remainder of the season. I don't think selling Trippier would mean that we're giving up on the season, because atleast we still have Livra and Krafth.

There's also Ashby to come back next season. We have future planned to fuck on right backs.

3 hours ago, Ashley17 said:

There's also Ashby to come back next season. We have future planned to fuck on right backs.

Also signed that English youth RB from Wolves. I think we likely have enough to get to seasons end. Not sure what losing Tripps would do for the squad morale though. 

It's a tough one but if we were to sell Tripps and Wilson and bring in another young world class mid and striker then I'd probably take it. We'd really need two strikers this window though or one striker and a RW that could also play upfront if needed.

Also if selling Wilson and Tripps meant keeping Bruno, Joelinton, Isak and Botman for another couple of years I'd absolutely take it. 

29 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Vermouth crews out it seems.

I, for one, am all for it. Can’t abide people with shit taste in drinks.  Pssst! I’d give them a pass if they were necking Rob Roy’s (…that is so easily misunderstood). 

Someone on twitter earlier this week has said Wilson had asked to leave as he didn’t want to be behind Isak. I assumed it was the usual twitter itk stuff but I guess he was right. 

This month feels like a transfer window of the Ashley era [emoji38]

It's time to cash in on Wilson. He's 31 and has a goals to minutes ratio that will still attract a decent fee. We cant rely on him anymore and perhaps some other club will be foolish or clever enough to take a punt on him. 

20 mill pounds and hes gone. 

1 hour ago, aussiemag said:

It's time to cash in on Wilson. He's 31 and has a goals to minutes ratio that will still attract a decent fee. We cant rely on him anymore and perhaps some other club will be foolish or clever enough to take a punt on him. 

20 mill pounds and hes gone. 

It’s also that if someone comes in an offers him a 3yr contract and offers us a decent transfer wage he’ll want to go. Like you I just think we can’t rely on him anymore with his injuries. We need a solid 2nd striker option to Isak and probably even a 3rd young striker option.

Can't be selling him this window,no chance we'd get striker to cover him who could hit the ground running without a pre season. Keep hold till the summer aim to get back into europe