Callum Wilson: back in full training

Strawberry

Good to have his physicality back. 

Just a shame we can't ever seem to have our best players fit at the same time. Would love to be able to ease him back in as well as Barnes but likely be expected to start against Forest now.

Thought he did well today - I've not been that impressed with some of his all-round play this year but he was up for it and held the ball well I thought.

Yeah. He was much better back to goal than he has been this season. Did well against some lads who were keen for a wrestle. Osho in particular. I also think he looked a yard faster than when he was last playing. A couple of times down our right he seemed second favourite to get to the ball. Yet he managed to. 

Let’s hope he has a similar second half to the season as last year. As we are going to need his goals based on yesterday’s collective defending! 

13 hours ago, Checko said:

Thought he did well today - I've not been that impressed with some of his all-round play this year but he was up for it and held the ball well I thought.

I thought he looked pretty good. His problem is because he’s injured so often it’s so stop start regarding fitness and consistency. Top top player but just too injury prone. 

21 hours ago, Checko said:

Yeah he held the ball up really well. Won't be easy to get him into space though, maybe if Barnes can get an early cross in he might get some joy.

8 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I thought he looked pretty good. His problem is because he’s injured so often it’s so stop start regarding fitness and consistency. Top top player but just too injury prone. 

He’s clearly not a top top player or he wouldn’t be sat next to Matt Ritchie with everyone fit. He’s a very fine flat track bully goalscorer off the bench but his day has been and gone as a regular starter for us.

2 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

He’s clearly not a top top player or he wouldn’t be sat next to Matt Ritchie with everyone fit. He’s a very fine flat track bully goalscorer off the bench but his day has been and gone as a regular starter for us.

By everyone do you mean Isak ? 

He is more then capable of covering for him without us worrying that he will not score goals.

Not to say it would cure us of a ton of woes but when on earth exactly did referees get together and decide he's at fault in every tussle? I can't remember the last time he got a call in his favour while some prick consistently molests him for 90 minutes. 

Him and Isak having to play at 70-80% fitness due to each others injuries isn't helping like. We should have taken a punt on a young foreign striker last month to take some of the workload.

I thought he had an utterly thankless task all game today and made a nuisance of himself on the limited occasions the ball was near him.

Quite surprised at the comments.

19 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I thought he had an utterly thankless task all game today and made a nuisance of himself on the limited occasions the ball was near him.

Quite surprised at the comments.

Agree with this. He's not at peak fitness don't get me wrong, but he was feeding off scraps all game. Thought he made some pretty clever and important contributions  when we were seeing the game out.