Callum Wilson: back in full training

Strawberry

It is simply poor planning to only carry two senior strikers in the squad and to have on of those strikers be Callum Wilson. This a team that was meant to compete on four fronts this season and play more than 50 matches. I am a fan of Wilson as a player, but he has proven that his fitness is unreliable over the course of several seasons at two clubs. The situation cannot be surprising.

Edited by Segun Oluwaniyi

1 minute ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

It is simply poor planning to only carry two senior strikers in the squad and to have on of those strikers be Callum Wilson. This a team that was meant to compete on four fronts this season and play more than 50 matches. I am a fan of Wilson as a player, but he has proven that his fitness is unreliable over the course of several seasons at two clubs. The situation cannot be surprising.

The plan was for Gordon to be 3rd choice which I can understand

It's just been compounded with the injuries we've had elsewhere

4 minutes ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

Name the 3rd striker for City, Arsenal, Villa, Man U, Spurs

Edited by The College Dropout

Funny how some players, rather than having a particular weakness in a knee or whatever, will just pick up injuries absolutely everywhere. Kieron Dyer probably the most obvious example, Woodgate as well. Wilson definitely in that bracket.

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

The plan was for Gordon to be 3rd choice which I can understand

It's just been compounded with the injuries we've had elsewhere

Might have to use Anderson there when he comes back 

that's the season pretty much over then 

was hoping things would dramatically improve second half of season but it's just more of the same

never seen the likes of it before 

He's done am amazing job of souring the amount of goals he's scored by getting injured.

Part of me is pleased because now there can be no doubt that he shouldn't be part of our long term plans.

Bye Calum, thanks.

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Not his fault but he's a waste of a squad place. 

8 goals, 7 in the league. 5th in the PL in goals/90. Not even going to mention last season.

If he's a waste of a squad place then that applies to more than half our squad.

1 minute ago, Ginola14 said:

that's the season pretty much over then 

was hoping things would dramatically improve second half of season but it's just more of the same

never seen the likes of it before 

Honestly Gordon looked brighter up there. It's just a shame that Gordon has to move positions.

Wilson looked really poor in his last couple of games.