Callum Wilson: back in full training

Strawberry

27 minutes ago, TRC said:

Whoever is in charge of our recruitment probably needs replacing.

Hall - no idea why we signed him

Barnes - Good player, but Gordon is our best LW, Joelinton/Willock, Anderson can play there.

Tonali - Bad luck, maybe not the right profile of player though?

Livra - Good signing, but should still be playing more.

Still think our business was relatively solid. Not amazing, but alright. It put us in a position where we had two competent players in every position and plenty who can play multiple roles.

There's still plenty to do. We still have holes all over the squad, but it's going to take time to fill them with quality. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I'm not sure what the inability to rotate has to do with this particular injury either.

Its just another freak injury. Probably only Wilson and De Jong capable of it though.

23 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Still think our business was relatively solid. Not amazing, but alright. It put us in a position where we had two competent players in every position and plenty who can play multiple roles.

There's still plenty to do. We still have holes all over the squad, but it's going to take time to fill them with quality. 

Yeah, I'm not inclined to slag off last summer too much. It was a shocker that we didn't get an upgrade on Miggy, for example, but I don't feel I can strongly criticise until I know what our options were. We seem to have a policy of not just buying anyone for a needed position, which I approve of. If the players we genuinely fancied couldn't be had, I can sympathise.

Specifically on Hall, it's worth remembering the only reason we got him was the first season was free. So it wasn't £30m we could've used elsewhere for this season.

Edited by 80

43 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Our business was very good IMO, just had absolutely dire luck. 

We were never going to be able to fix all the issues this quickly. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

13 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Our business was very good IMO, just had absolutely dire luck. 

We were never going to be able to fix all the issues this quickly. 

Individually the players we sign 

are usually of a high quality, granted the jury is out on a couple of the lads we signed in the summer.

So last 15 matches and a further 15 matches still to play, the likely outcome is that we would only have had both Isak and Wilson in the same game week squad on only 3 occasions 

Just seen this news. :lol: Fuck I can't wait for this season to be over. I'd be surprised if we get anything over £5m for him, clubs would be mad to sign him with his constant injuries. 

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

On the flip side, if he wasn’t as injury prone he would never have signed for us imo.

He would be a world beater if he could stay fit. 20+ a season PL striker

Just seen that since Wilson joined in 2020 he's missed 78 games so far which is 41% of the total ganes, presuming he doesn't play again this season it'll be closer to 48% 

Proven and relatively prolific, but unbelievably injury prone, love the guy but he needs to be replaced.