Callum Wilson

Strawberry

3 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

We can beat Bournemouth at home without him it’s Leicester, Leeds, Arsenal games I’m more interested in

Well we didn't beat them earlier in the season without him, Tuesday is bigger than the Leicester game for me, but if he isn't ready so be it.

Full quote...

"We’ve only seen Callum briefly. But I don’t want to give too much away to be honest.

No (he isn’t injured), Callum’s come back OK. But with different training loads, I don’t want to get too technical, but we’ve just had to tread carefully with one or two players.”

Sounds like common sense to me, the training regimes of an International tournament in the desert will be very different from getting back into the swing of things in the NE in December. He'll need time to adjust a few things and I'm sure Howe knows what to do with him.

Isak on the other hand is another matter entirely and I'm starting to get a bit twitchy about his injury tbh. 

16 minutes ago, midds said:

Sounds like common sense to me, the training regimes of an International tournament in the desert will be very different from getting back into the swing of things in the NE in December. He'll need time to adjust a few things and I'm sure Howe knows what to do with him.

Isak on the other hand is another matter entirely and I'm starting to get a bit twitchy about his injury tbh. 

Why?, looks like he's had a similar injury to Stewart at Sunderland and look at how long he was out for. 

Edited by et tu brute

24 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Full quote...

"We’ve only seen Callum briefly. But I don’t want to give too much away to be honest.

No (he isn’t injured), Callum’s come back OK. But with different training loads, I don’t want to get too technical, but we’ve just had to tread carefully with one or two players.”

Thst sounds ok to me.

15 hours ago, midds said:

It’ll be interesting to see if January plans change at all in relation to both situations. I agree the Wilson situation doesn’t sound anything particularly concerning but his history always makes us assume the worst. 

16 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Isn't Thuram allegedly off to Inter?

17 hours ago, dembabah said:

Well we didn't beat them earlier in the season without him, Tuesday is bigger than the Leicester game for me, but if he isn't ready so be it.

we were missing Bruno and ASM then as well tbf. Almiron hadn’t quite found Robert’s boots either at that point

Watched him a lot last night and his leadership of the high press is phenomenal. There’s quite a lot of hand signals there for when to press and when to stand off etc. At Bournemouth goal kicks he was literally telling where people to stand and at one point he turned round and basically said to Burn “this is coming to you” and within 5 seconds Burn had won it back.

Edited by bowlingcrofty

Deserves a large chunk of credit for the own goal last night as he literally barged the defender into heading 'on' target. Not a foul as the reverse scenario is considered good defending...

8 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Watched him a lot last night and his leadership of the high press is phenomenal. There’s quite a lot of hand signals there for when to press and when to stand off etc. At Bournemouth goal kicks he was literally telling where people to stand and at one point he turned round and basically said to Burn “this is coming to you” and within 5 seconds Burn had won it back.

He looked very lively, and was causing them all sorts of problems.