Football governance

Nobody

34 minutes ago, Teasy said:

No, I want them to be taken over by someone with the clubs best interests at heart.  Someone who will run the club with ambition as a sporting institution not a as company.  That's is, I don't care if they spend hundreds or millions extra.  As long as they use all of the clubs money, try to grow revenue and speculate a little to try to build the club.  That doesn't require oil money, in fact in all honestly I'd rather that then doing a Man City.  Because I just think that without the possibility of risk and failure, true competition, then success will feel a bit shite.  Of course if given a choice between Ashley's utter death of the club vs the Man City approach I'd choose the later. But my preferred option is honest competition and ambition. 

Yep.

I just want rid of Mike Ashley. I'll cross any other bridges if we come to them. Just happens that there's only one trojan horse to make that first step happen.

55 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

You can’t really expect players not to play in it. Harry Kane isn’t going to do his job for half the salary just so he can play for England.

Maybe the odd one, but I can’t see it happening a lot. 

The World Cup is massive, the dream for most players - and it's not a choice between the World Cup and poor v rich in just Super League - it's a difference in degree of richness. I'm sure some will follow the money but I reckon a good amount would not sacrifice international football, enough to really undermine the league. Harry Kane for a start. Especially if can keep some other big clubs out of it, like some German sides, PSG and so on.

If they join the SuperLeague, they have to go from domestic competition. They cannot be allowed to treat the PL as a secondary competition to field their B teams in, which will be better than the rest of the league due to the increased revenue. 

If they are expelled from the PL, I'll still watch Newcastle. I'll still want Newcastle to do the best in every competition they're entered into, I'll still enjoy going to games*, I'll still go to the odd away game where it feels less sanitized and a bit of a throwback to better times. I'll still enjoy discussing it with Newcastle fans from far and wide. I might even see Newcastle win something, which would be fantastic, even if it is diminished in competition. I absolutely wont have to root for a sovereign wealth fund to control my club for the puropse of sportswashing to have even the slightest chance of success. 

A decrease in revenue might mean a decrease in quality somewhat but thats relative. I'm not sure the fans of clubs in Germany or France give a shit about the quality when they're lifting trophies, but I bet they give a shit when PSG or Bayern win the lot. Quality means fuck all if all the chips fall your way, you have a cracking side and the highest you can reasonably finish is 5th or 6th. West Ham have had the season of their lives and what will they have to show for it? 4th place and a battering in next years CL. It doesnt even begin to compare to actually winning something. European football is nice but we've been conditioned to thinking that its the be all and end all, no, the be all and end all is being competitive which is nigh on impossible in the current system. 

. *When MA goes.

Edited by Doctor Zaius

1 minute ago, Ketsbaia said:

Getting kind of emotional watching MNF here

I don’t get what Neville is on about though. If they are going to be allowed to go through with it and stay in the PL then yeah but the PL have came out and said they definitely won’t allow any club joining that super league to be in the PL too. 

Just now, CalmintheChaos said:

the PL have came out and said they definitely won’t allow any club joining that super league to be in the PL too. 

Is anyone 100% convinced they won't buckle on this though, if the alternative is a league where the biggest clubs are West Ham, Everton and Leicester? 

Just now, Inferior Acuña said:

Is there a source for that quote? Is it definitely real cos I'm seeing elsewhere that he bottled it.

I deleted it as checked comments and it suddenly seemed dodgy. Blue tick account got me thinking it was safe at first!

Kind of wish he said the whole thing is utter nonsense and shouldn't go ahead. He has all the info on what they want and how they are going to do it, so I'd love him tos ay no its wholly wrong and shouldn't happen. Guess he has to keep his job though.