Football governance

Nobody

I'd rather go to watch NUFC play Oldham away on a wet Wednesday evening than be part of this 'corporate' shit.......

absolutely. nowt better than an away game under the lights with friends/family, drinks, and(if we win) staying behind and singing until we get told to leave.

The idea of this new league running alongside the domestic league is very very cheeky. They would only be staying in the domestic league for a few years to hedge their bets in case it doesn’t work out, with the aim being to drop the premier league. If this actually happens then any teams taking part should absolutely be expelled from domestic competitions, and if they ever want back in they should have to start again at the bottom of the pyramid.

What is surely the aim of the "big 6 " is to effectively create a PL 2 and to send the other 14 teams to pl 2 and to then invite the top 14 euro teams to take their place in the PL1 with 6 teams promoted to the PL2 from the championship.

But there would be no promotion to the top league, they want a closed shop where their investment is safe. If you look at the NFL every franchise is worth billions, they probably think they can top NFL values if they get the setup right.

Wouldn’t even waste time thinking about it, never going to happen in this closed shop super league format. Clearly American backed by certain clubs, JP Morgan and Amazon, however without UEFA backing and national FA’s will never get off ground.

Failing this, let Man U & Liverpool breakaway themselves and play a 38 game season all over the globe against each other. Sad thing is I bet their owners would love that. Dublin one week, Dubai the next, then off to Hong Kong then Sydney. A token game each at Old Trafford and Anfield.

Failing this, let Man U & Liverpool breakaway themselves and play a 38 game season all over the globe against each other. Sad thing is I bet their owners would love that. Dublin one week, Dubai the next, then off to Hong Kong then Sydney. A token game each at Old Trafford and Anfield.

The Bootle Globetrotters.

Isn't everything just fucking miserable right now, they're taking our lives, and now they're taking our football.

And wanker after wanker vote these elite twats into power.

Who has been voted into power to create this super league thing like? ???

Isn't everything just fucking miserable right now, they're taking our lives, and now they're taking our football.

And wanker after wanker vote these elite twats into power.

Who has been voted into power to create this super league thing like? ???

Fans vote with their wallets.

Would love to see that day actually. The English football league, including the championship creates the oxygen which they breathe. Take them out of it and their games would soon lose that passion and local rivalry which makes our game so exciting. The teams that were left in the PL would get more following to replace them. No wonder they don't want to ditch the PL, only want to reduce the participants and guarantee they stay at the top of it.

Asking about a debate in Government time about the future of our national game, guess what Rees Mogg’s answer was:-

“ Jacob Rees-Mogg responded on behalf of the Government: "I must confess that the detailed workings of the Football League is beyond my remit and realm of knowledge. Had he asked about the County Championship, I would have been better placed to answer.”

"However, I think he should ask his own committee for this debate as it would be very well subscribed and a matter of great interest to many members."...Typical Government Response to a genuine concern and scrutiny.

Think KaKa nailed it in the Other Games thread. Probably want to break away or make them stronger because they know there’s a group of clubs just below them who over the course of a season could keep them from getting into the CL or even Europe completely. They don’t like that. If you’re to take 10 seasons they’ll still make the top 6 the majority of the time, but it’ still irk them.

Think KaKa nailed it in the Other Games thread. Probably want to break away or make them stronger because they know there’s a group of clubs just below them who over the course of a season could keep them from getting into the CL or even Europe completely. They don’t like that. If you’re to take 10 seasons they’ll still make the top 6 the majority of the time, but it’ still irk them.

It's pretty obvious their financial models depend upon Euro qualification.  Each time one of them fails it should be celebrated as a victory for the game.

Hang on a minute, wasn't Neville supportive of this shite when it was first brought up?

I think he explains it there that he was and is supportive of a lot of the things but not giving all the power to top 6 etc.