Football governance

Nobody

Competition Format

• 20 participating clubs with 15 Founding Clubs and a qualifying mechanism for a further five teams to qualify annually based on achievements in the prior season.

• Midweek fixtures with all participating clubs continuing to compete in their respective national leagues, preserving the traditional domestic match calendar which remains at the heart of the club game.

• An August start with clubs participating in two groups of ten, playing home and away fixtures, with the top three in each group automatically qualifying for the quarter finals. Teams finishing fourth and fifth will then compete in a two-legged play-off for the remaining quarter-final positions. A two-leg knockout format will be used to reach the final at the end of May, which will be staged as a single fixture at a neutral venue.

Just now, cubaricho said:

If they hold strong and say no Champions League, no domestic league, and no WC football for anyone in the Super League squads, this will fold immediately.

Yea, they are just the employees. I’m guessing it’s just a form of pressure from the governing bodies. 

1 minute ago, Klaus said:

Mental that. I doubt the players have any say in this tbh. 

Just been confirmed - every club & player participating in The Super League will be banned from all competitions at both European & international level - this includes playing for their country.

3 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Mental that. I doubt the players have any say in this tbh. 

Absolutely wont, but if you make the players not want to play for those clubs should they chose to join...

Be interesting to see the views of the players of those 12 clubs over the coming days. Not holding much hope but it would be brilliant if the likes of Kane, Rashford, Mount, etc and have similar opinions to Neville and make it known. 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

2 minutes ago, FCB said:

Just been confirmed - every club & player participating in The Super League will be banned from all competitions at both European & international level - this includes playing for their country.

England without Harry Kane et al :memelol:

4 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Absolutely minging all round tbh. Just feel really sad that the sport I love has been ruined. 

It could potentially be amazing and save the sport. If they get kicked out of their domestic leagues, it could reset the clock on the monumental imbalance in the league.

Although you need to get rid of VAR and get some kind of salary cap put in place too.

That logo man. If you were announcing something groundbreaking, put a load of cash to atleast get a proper logo. That logo is from Word Art in Windows 95.

Edited by nufcjb

14 minutes ago, Shak said:

Ultimately the domestic leagues will just give in and accept this, too much money to lose by kicking them out.

They'll work something out.

Be great if they took a risk and just said fuck off though. I honestly think there's enough hatred for this among football fans that this thing would fall flat on its arse after a few years.

Yep. All the talk of the clubs being banned from regular football is nothing more than a way to clear a path. Fans thinking clubs will be banned are less likely to kick up a fuss.