Football governance

Nobody

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

Oh well, tomorrow should be interesting.

Something to look forward to. 

PL should just approve our takeover. No one will notice, and it can slip in quietly whilst everyone is in uproar at this. :snod:

3 minutes ago, Beren said:

It could potentially be amazing and save the sport. If they get kicked out of their domestic leagues, it could reset the clock on the monumental imbalance in the league.

Although you need to get rid of VAR and get some kind of salary cap put in place too.

I think at the end of the day this league doesn't actually happen, but if it does, this is spot on.

Imagine potentially throwing away 150+ years of a club's tradition for a cash grab. The owners that signed up this should be hung in the square.

Just now, Beren said:

Imagine a season where any club could somewhat realistically win the league. Holy crap.

Yeah, I've more than come to terms with the prospect of 'the big 6' not being in the Premier League. As a Newcastle fan I don't feel like I'd miss them a great deal and (in an Ashley-less world), would be just as excited for the new season, if not moreso. 

But losing them would still be fundamentally wrong and a very bad thing. Mainly for the hundreds of thousands of their fans. 

Just now, Klaus said:

I hope they are, fuck them all

If they aren’t then it shows that the PL are completely powerless and the Saudi’s should assume control of NUFC with immediate effect.

Liverpool releasing a statement quoting the words of Joel Glazer. Christ. 

The whole concept is farcical like. So, what happens if they do leave their domestic leagues? The same 20 teams play eachother every year, forever? There's no european competition because they wont be allowed, theres no domestic cup competition of any note because its just the same 20 teams. Sounds dull as fuck.

1 minute ago, nufcjb said:

The competition format already sounds like an absolute borefest. You play a bunch of group games and you have the knockout phase to play the same teams again. Absolute shite that.

Aye sounds completely shite. Basically like the way they want to change the Champions League but without qualifying

Edited by triggs

1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

The whole concept is farcical like. So, what happens if they do leave their domestic leagues? The same 20 teams play eachother every year, forever? There's no european competition because they wont be allowed, theres no domestic cup competition of any note because its just the same 20 teams. Sounds dull as fuck.

I guess the plan is to slowly grow it but aye, it sounds absolutely teeth.

Just now, Doctor Zaius said:

Sounds like NFL. Maybe they can keep it fresh by moving the Dons from Milton Keynes to Inverness.

I imagine there's a fair few mercenaries playing for these European Super League teams, but not all of them. I very much doubt the money men involved in getting things to this stage consulted their big superstar players.

Reckon you'll see a few players who value winning things for their countries grumbling on social media very soon.

So would they still be in the champions league or is this their play to replace that? Seems that the 5 qualifying spots would be from 5 leagues Eng, Spain, Italy, Germany and France? 

This is utterly fucking stupid, UEFA will fucking ruin these clubs. 

Even looking past the appalling exclusionary nature of the competition, it's remarkable how the owners of these clubs can so freely discard such heritage. 

For example Liverpool, who have such a rich history in European cup competition, it's not enough for their American venture capitalist group ownership through.