Football governance

Nobody

I know people are saying these leagues won't actually expel the teams because of the money they bring in. But seeing as the majority of fans of these clubs I can see have condemned this why wouldn't they.  To be honest they only weaken themselves and leadership to everyone else if they don't. 

If these clubs are expelled, fifa and Uefa revoke registration for national teams it is done. They have to work their way back up like Rangers did from lower leagues. Even as a supporter I wouldn't disagree with that. Protect the brand of the Premier League. It will still be more valuable that 6 clubs, even if they are some of the biggest. Other clubs will come up, other clubs will get investment. 

Full UEFA Statement:

UEFA, the English Football Association and the Premier League, the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) and LaLiga, and the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) and Lega Serie A have learned that a few English, Spanish and Italian clubs may be planning to announce their creation of a closed, so-called Super League.

If this were to happen, we wish to reiterate that we – UEFA, the English FA, RFEF, FIGC, the Premier League, LaLiga, Lega Serie A, but also FIFA and all our member associations – will remain united in our efforts to stop this cynical project, a project that is founded on the self-interest of a few clubs at a time when society needs solidarity more than ever.

We will consider all measures available to us, at all levels, both judicial and sporting in order to prevent this happening. Football is based on open competitions and sporting merit; it cannot be any other way.

As previously announced by FIFA and the six Federations, the clubs concerned will be banned from playing in any other competition at domestic, European or world level, and their players could be denied the opportunity to represent their national teams.

We thank those clubs in other countries, especially the French and German clubs, who have refused to sign up to this. We call on all lovers of football, supporters and politicians, to join us in fighting against such a project if it were to be announced. This persistent self-interest of a few has been going on for too long. Enough is enough.

Just now, r0cafella said:

We had so many years as a country to guard against this by including fan ownership and ties to communities but we let the market run its course and now look what has happened. 

Spot on. The writing was on the wall when Abramovich turned up.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

We had so many years as a country to guard against this by including fan ownership and ties to communities but we let the market run its course and now look what has happened. 

Exactly. The PL being hoisted by their own petard

Im so glad we're not part of this. The likes of Liverpool man, you just know that if this Franchise League was to get going, they'd be playing games elsewhere. They might start off with a game a season in Dubai, then a few more elsewhere and so on. Eventually, they'll be Liverpool in name only, then whats to stop them moving somewhere else? Probably Boston. It sounds far fetched but it really is these clubs being stolen. 

I wont watch a single minute of it like. Absolutely no chance. 

If UEFA/FIFA stand by their threat to ban players from international competition then this thing already has a big problem. Players aren't going to let the greedy parasites who own the club they happen to play for dictate whether they can play for their country or not.

3 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I know people are saying these leagues won't actually expel the teams because of the money they bring in. But seeing as the majority of fans of these clubs I can see have condemned this why wouldn't they.  To be honest they only weaken themselves and leadership to everyone else if they don't. 

If these clubs are expelled, fifa and Uefa revoke registration for national teams it is done. They have to work their way back up like Rangers did from lower leagues. Even as a supporter I wouldn't disagree with that. Protect the brand of the Premier League. It will still be more valuable that 6 clubs, even if they are some of the biggest. Other clubs will come up, other clubs will get investment. 

To be clear a very vocal minority are complaining about this. I think we as a club are an excellent cast study as are MK dons. Football fans are basically battered wives at this point. 

Just now, Doctor Zaius said:

Im so glad we're not part of this. The likes of Liverpool man, you just know that if this Franchise League was to get going, they'd be playing games elsewhere. They might start off with a game a season in Dubai, then a few more elsewhere and so on. Eventually, they'll be Liverpool in name only, then whats to stop them moving somewhere else? Probably Boston. It sounds far fetched but it really is these clubs being stolen. 

I wont watch a single minute of it like. Absolutely no chance. 

Interesting that the branding doesn't at any point include Europe in it. 

If the clubs become expelled then everybody loses. PL loses six of its most valuable assets, thereby causing the value of the whole operation to plummet, and everyone in the pyramid suffers; meanwhile the ESL can't sustain itself as the clubs start haemorrhaging superstars who don't want to face the sanctions and/or the consumers become bored of the competition itself. I just can't see that happening.

It's just a dirty blackmail, imo. There'll be some shitty compromise eventually. 

Just now, RobS said:

Haven't Bayern said no already?

They haven’t said yes.

Uefa and the PL (and other league associations) need to show some backbone now, they’ve threatened action. Time to do something.

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Porto, RB Liepzig and Bayern tipped to be the other three not PSG. 

Don't think Bayner will be involved looking at this tweet, and the fan ownership in Germany not voting for this.

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

PSG not being the villain. Strange fucking times. 

Yup the club with the least history and heritage are the ones being the most respectful!