Football governance

Nobody

If I’m one of the 14 other Premier League clubs I’d be asking why we should bail out the EFL now when they were quite happy to go behind our back and sell us out. They weren’t even getting anything for doing so, they were just getting an advance on their income and would ultimately put themselves in a bad position when further down the line those big clubs decided they no longer wanted to share any money with them.

I’d also be looking at the EFL themselves asking what the fuck they have done to help themselves. For too long now they have been overspending without any inclination to stop it. They have seen clubs go bust, other clubs in secrete financial disaster, they even had to be bailed out years ago when the ITV deal collapsed. They have learnt nothing and have been far too happy to plead poverty and out the begging bowl out.

It would be easier to help them out if you though that it would result in some reform, but it won’t.

They’ll just come back with another shit self benefitting proposal that isn’t quite as bad and hope to bargain that down so that they get what they want.

The other clubs should try and use this as a way to introduce protection and penalties against this secretive, power grabbing, opportunist behaviour happening again.

The top clubs have shown their hand; it’ll not go away.

They’ll just come back with another shit self benefitting proposal that isn’t quite as bad and hope to bargain that down so that they get what they want.

The other clubs should try and use this as a way to introduce protection and penalties against this secretive, power grabbing, opportunist behaviour happening again.

The top clubs have shown their hand; it’ll not go away.

I reckon the other clubs have said we have the power to outvote you and out you in a worse situation unless you keep yourselves in check.

They have possibly even threatened with more severe consequences, hence why even Liverpool and Man Utd haven’t even voted for the proposals.

Superb stuff from the John Henry and Glazer to not even bother to turn up to the vote, instead sending their minions in their place.

How strange, that despite being so passionate about the proposal and the English football pyramid, their public stance can't be put forward  :lol:

Such figures can clearly to be trusted with greater power over the game

They've totally misjudged English football culture here. That is the only explanation I can think of for this shitshow.

they don't give two shits about football culture anywhere let alone english football culture, they're American venture capitalists they just care about money and are annoyed the have to share with "little" teams instead of just taking it all and everybody else should just be grateful for the exposure

They've totally misjudged English football culture here. That is the only explanation I can think of for this shitshow.

they don't give two s***s about football culture anywhere let alone english football culture, they're American venture capitalists they just care about money and are annoyed the have to share with "little" teams instead of just taking it all and everybody else should just be grateful for the exposure

Yep, I dont think they expected this reaction from the fans, hence why they've rejected their own proposal.

This is nothing to be celebrated. Those backing this idea knew full well this would be rejected - it is all part of their plan and strategy.

Other than leave the league or create their own league where could they go with this? At the end of the day they need the votes of the other 14 to get any traction on any of their own ideas.

they don't give two s***s about football culture anywhere let alone english football culture, they're American venture capitalists they just care about money and are annoyed the have to share with "little" teams instead of just taking it all and everybody else should just be grateful for the exposure

Yep, I dont think they expected this reaction from the fans, hence why they've rejected their own proposal.

love to have been able to listen into this meeting to see ed woodward and whatever stooge liverpool sent have to try and defend this idea

I think they will hope the threat to leave will force some watered down changes, then more watered down changes later on, then more, until they get everything they want. Then when they have maxed their growth potential within the premier league it will be time for the European super league, though I’m not sure all 6 of them will get into it.

I don’t think all this coming out was planned, I get the impression the rest of the big 5 and Spurs didn’t want it to come out. The cards are all on the table now though.

Has anyone been on RAWK since the announcement from the Premier League...unbelievable...their arrogance is staggering......just a short example of some of the stuff put up....” Quite bizarre that the 'smaller clubs' love attacking Liverpool and Utd, whom without them wouldnt exist in their current form”