Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Two Honduras players had to be treated for hypothermia. :(

Stupid decision playing this game in Minneapolis in February. Could’ve played a cold weather game somewhere that wasn’t THAT fucking cold.

Dude, I am within a mile of the stadium, it is Siberia level of cold. It gets much colder up here but for a football match I have no idea why they would do it. Not shocked only Honduran players have hypothermia. That had to be real harsh.

6 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Stupid decision playing this game in Minneapolis in February. Could’ve played a cold weather game somewhere that wasn’t THAT fucking cold.

One correction, it was NOT played in Minneapolis. Google what city where the stadium is.

13 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Should’ve played it out here. A few degrees warmer but at least there would’ve been another Denver snow game. :lol: 

Just now, cubaricho said:

Y’all have insane St. Paul pride. :lol:

I do but let's be accurate. It was not in Minneapolis. That is a fact.  I wish I would have been there but it was like the north pole tonight.

You did catch on though cubarichho.

Mexico win is good. Canada should only need a draw to go through given goal difference. Grabbing a draw in Costa Rica and coming home to qualify on Canadian soil would be pretty special! So close.

That was the definition of win ugly though. Terrible, abysmal, game. One of the most bizarre goals you will see but another fantastic finish from David and save when it mattered by Borjan. The players have traveled alot of miles this window and gone from one weather extreme to the next, maybe they earned their luck tonight!

17 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Rangers losing their way and Villa’s upturn probably enough proof to suggest Gerrard has something about him.

Let’s see how Villa are in 12-18 months time. Be interested to see if has the tactical knowledge to overcome a tough time when the honeymoon period is over.

2 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Let’s see how Villa are in 12-18 months time. Be interested to see if has the tactical knowledge to overcome a tough time when the honeymoon period is over.

He has surrounded himself with decent coaches who seem to be tactically switched on!

Edited by HTT II

6 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Rangers losing their way and Villa’s upturn probably enough proof to suggest Gerrard has something about him.

Early days would say there's some truth there, Rangers looked shocking yesterday. They were top of the table before the match, so could have been an off day, buckled under that atmosphere.

49 minutes ago, toon25 said:

I would be very surprised if Gerrard won trophies at Villa, but he's sure to make a fist of getting them to compete regularly for Europa League spots

Think he's got more about him than Lampard, Terry, some of his other contemporary's, but that's not saying much. 

1 hour ago, toon25 said:

I would be very surprised if Gerrard won trophies at Villa, but he's sure to make a fist of getting them to compete regularly for Europa League spots

It’s so difficult for any club other than the usual suspects to actually win a trophy these days, Leicester have bucked the trend with winning the Title and lately the FA Cup, but the 3 trophies up for grabs usually go to the so-called top-four. If he can get them competing in the top 6 places and qualify for European football he will have done extremely well, a Cup as sad it it may read, would be a bonus you feel for him and Villa and the rest of the League in the current climate where it’s often shared between a select few.

Edited by HTT II

12 hours ago, The Bonk said:

Canada just shithoused its way to another win. :lol: 

David had a nice goal at the death, but try to watch our first goal. More ridiculous than Champo Diame.

Just saw the first goal, amazing :lol:

2 hours ago, Ameritoon said:

Just saw the first goal, amazing :lol:

:lol: if that goal doesn't signal we're a team of destiny, I don't know what will. Post > Leg > Head > Bounce > Flap > GET IN!!!! All while lying face down on the ground. :lol: 

Just hoping for Senegal to win at this point. Cameroon and Egypt are probably #2 and #3 respectively in terms of teams I hate in Africa. Cameroon had a good start, but match has been horrendous since the 30th minute. Anything other than penalties would be unjust. 

Also, it is AFCON, we are not expecting too much, but Cameroon hosting this competition is a disgrace. They were meant to host in 2019, but were not ready in time. So, with 2.5 extra years to prepare, we have a tournament that has been horribly unorganised in every aspect, including the actual deaths of some spectators, and are watching a semi-final with the host nation and one of the world's top players on a pitch that is actually unplayable, with players falling and the ball bouncing everywhere. The Final is on this same pitch. :lol: