Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Just now, Disco said:

Villa game off.

2 hours before kick-off, fucking ridiculous they left it this late, impacting all the fans already there. Premier League need to get there finger out and have a short break. 

Edited by 54

So that puts Burnley 3 game weeks behind us now (providing we play tomorrow). Gives them a massive advantage being able to see our results and allowing them to potentially prioritise certain fixtures later in the season. Can also see teams playing in Europe putting out youth teams to fullfill fixtures when the congestion shit hits the fan.

EDIT - Not blaming Burnley or any of the teams involved but the season is no longer a level playing field for all teams involved

Edited by geordie_b

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Beyond a joke this now, clubs are meeting Monday surely it gets a break.

They'll get their winter break, transfer window and season extensions whilst we watch on wondering what we did 'wrong' for the past few weeks

14 minutes ago, Disco said:

Villa game off.

I agreed with Jonathan Peace on Football Focus if they had cancelled all games this weekend the clubs would have had 10 days of isolation ahead of the boxing day fixtures.   PL are clueless as to how to handle this.

1 minute ago, duo said:

I agreed with Jonathan Peace on Football Focus if they had cancelled all games this weekend the clubs would have had 10 days of isolation ahead of the boxing day fixtures.   PL are clueless as to how to handle this.

10 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Games in hand marra. Spurs only played 14 league games and still need to fit in Rennes match in Europa League and still in League Cup :lol:  How the fuck are they going to squeeze all that in

UEFA have decided Rennes game won't be played.

16 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

So that puts Burnley 3 game weeks behind us now (providing we play tomorrow). Gives them a massive advantage being able to see our results and allowing them to potentially prioritise certain fixtures later in the season. Can also see teams playing in Europe putting out youth teams to fullfill fixtures when the congestion shit hits the fan.

EDIT - Not blaming Burnley or any of the teams involved but the season is no longer a level playing field for all teams involved

On the contrary, good luck with their fixture congestion.

2 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Really? What happens then as Spurs would still qualify if they won. Were they forced to forfeit the match? 

No decision yet but I don't think Spurs really cares about the Europa Conference League. :lol:

2 minutes ago, LRD said:

No decision yet but I don't think Spurs really cares about the Europa Conference League. :lol:

Conte cares (allegedly) :

UEFA are expected to make a decision by the end of the week on the outcome of the Tottenham’s game versus Rennes after confirming the match couldn’t be rearranged in time for the December 31 deadline.

If the governing body rules that Tottenham must forfeit the game, they will be eliminated from European competition this season.

But Conte insists such a scenario would be unfair on his players, saying: ‘We want to play the game. Tottenham deserves to play the game, to play the last game of this group. It’s a really strange situation because we didn’t play through no fault of our own but because of a big problem and because the Government decided to close our training ground, to stop our training session for three days.

For this reason we didn’t play. Not for another reason. I think we don't have fault for what happened. We deserve to play this game and to try to have a chance to go to the next round”

Conte wanted Spurs to postpone their game against Leicester so they could face Rennes

He went on: 'We don't find a good solution between UEFA and the Premier League, why does Tottenham has to pay for this?

'It's not fair we have to pay for a situation that isn't our fault. I understand if we did something wrong but in this way, for the club, the players, the staff, it's very difficult to understand what is happening.”

47 minutes ago, 54 said:

20 minute MOTD tonight :lol:

Showing myself to be an old man again here but when I were a lad MOTD only ever had one or 2 "feature" games each week. Even with a full fixture list. I used to always get a buzz as a kid when I would go down Barrack Rd on the bus  and the BBC vans were parked up at SJP and we were one of the chosen ones.  

31 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Showing myself to be an old man again here but when I were a lad MOTD only ever had one or 2 "feature" games each week. Even with a full fixture list. I used to always get a buzz as a kid when I would go down Barrack Rd on the bus  and the BBC vans were parked up at SJP and we were one of the chosen ones.  

I know in the 90s you could find out the 2 matches they were covering in the TV guide 

9 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Heed 2 up against top of the league. Currently third with a couple of games in hand. Howay the Heed. 

Going great, he’s doing some job there old set penis.