Graeme Jones

loki679

In which case maybe Jones was a Carr suggestion? Can't see where else it could have come from since I don't believe for one minute Bruce was on board with it.

100% a Carr suggestion.

It’s just rancid Bruce will take the credit.

Why do people think Carr is back on the scene?

Because he is, Jones was a Carr recommendation  :lol:

Carr being back throws serious doubt on Rafa ever coming back.

Why? Rafa only comes back if there’s a takeover and if there’s a takeover Ashley and Carr won’t be here any more

Still seems a bit odd that he's officially working as an assistant to Bruce, and it is a bit confusing as to what happens if the takeover goes through. Would prefer it if we just sacked Bruce so we could get rid of the ambiguity and judge this guy as a manager.

Somebody with a bit of football knowledge made this Jones appointment happen and it wasn't Steve Bruce or Ashley

It’s been said by a few ITK types that Carr recommend Jones. It doesn’t mean he’s back though. It sounds like Mike just gave him a ring and said, “I’m on the brink of selling the fackin’ club and that Bruce bloke’s taking us daahn...”

Still seems a bit odd that he's officially working as an assistant to Bruce, and it is a bit confusing as to what happens if the takeover goes through. Would prefer it if we just sacked Bruce so we could get rid of the ambiguity and judge this guy as a manager.

If the takeover goes through we want a world class manager and their own hand-picked coaching staff.

Any really good manager will want lots of coaches and I’m sure will assess existing coaches fairly.

Jones would only be moved on if he has nothing to contribute when all other coaching appointments are made.

Any really good manager will want lots of coaches and I’m sure will assess existing coaches fairly.

Jones would only be moved on if he has nothing to contribute when all other coaching appointments are made.

Agree with this. There will be a fair few going out the door should we change hands and change manager. If he bonds with the players and offers something to the new regime they'll keep him on. We know he's not Bruce's man, that will count for him if it does happen.

Assuming Jones will be happy to keep working behind the scenes as someone else's number 2 then won't be a problem. But if he is here with designs on getting the job full time, then could get interesting. We still don't really know under what conditions he's been brought in though.

Interesting backroom team. 1 x English and 2 x Spanish :

"...However, that was exactly what did happen, with Jones and three of his coaching staff, Gary Brabin, Inigo Idiakez and Imanol Etxeberria all moving on..."