Joe Willock

Just now, Astroblack said:

Will probably start Saturday. Howe rotating with whatever he has. 

Hope so. Would perhaps suit an away game and help on the counter. 

Gordon and Willock back in. About as much rotation as we can manage. 

Not a player I’d be thinking about selling at all.

He’s feeling his way back in and we’re a little dysfunctional atm which doesn’t help.

6 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Massive disappointment lately. Passenger.

I would bet that he hasn’t fully recovered from the injury that kept him out, he certainly isn’t match fit.

Rushing players back will only contributed to the ongoing injury problems with the squad.

Edited by Matt1892

Just now, Matt1892 said:

I would bet that he hasn’t fully recovered from the injury that kept him out, he certainly isn’t match fit.

Lets hope.

Anderson completely out performing him. Even Longstaff has been better.

Been a poor, poor season for him. Mitigated by injuries of course.

On 02/04/2024 at 21:37, Sibierski said:

Way off it once again. Going to go with he’s not fully fit and playing injured, because he shouldn’t be this way off. 

Still go with this and he’s not confident in his body. Proper Botman vibes. Won’t be surprised if he has some surgery of something soon, as we’re not getting any benefit of him not being out for the season.

Edited by Sibierski

54 minutes ago, STM said:

Anderson completely out performing him. Even Longstaff has been better.

Been a poor, poor season for him. Mitigated by injuries of course.

The injuries have been the story of his season to be fair to him. Just hope he comes back stronger after the summer off. I doubt we'd get anywhere near his potential value any time soon.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Well, I'll take that as a mixed blessing if he's been playing while never feeling right...

He looked off it from the first whistle. These rumours about needing an achilles operation may well be true, then? 

Although on my commentary. They seemed to intimate it was from a knock. But it felt too coincidental. He was so far off the pace and it was his achilles, again. 

Howe said on NUFCTV that it wasn't pain but some discomfort. Hoping that's still true and it was more precautionary.

Either way, this feels like a worrying injury for his career in how persistent it seems in such a good athlete. Not even sure how he picked this up while being out injured with a hammy?

It was a knock to the shin area but, he’s clearly not anywhere near fully fit.

If we didn’t have the injuries we have I’d imagine he’d be looking at getting some minutes on as a sub. 

He looks a real risk of picking up a further knock, related or unrelated.

9 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Howe said on NUFCTV that it wasn't pain but some discomfort. Hoping that's still true and it was more precautionary.

Either way, this feels like a worrying injury for his career in how persistent it seems in such a good athlete. Not even sure how he picked this up while being out injured with a hammy?

I thought "shin splints".  Very painful.  Both Andy Cole and Kieron Dyer suffered from them.

I think that’s him for the season

Really worrying that this has been ongoing for the whole season more or less now 

Looks like he should have had an op in the summer but like with Botman we've fucked it up. Bruno has the world beating duo of Longstaff and Anderson alongside him for the rest of the season.