Joe Willock

Just now, Sammys_Tekkers said:

Cabaye to Cisse against Stoke was the best I’ve seen, but that could have topped it

Not for me. Not taking anything away from Willock’s pass today, but I still don’t understand how Cabaye saw that.

39 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

If he worked on his in the box composure a little bit more then this guy could be England material 1000%

Love him.

This lad will play for England.  We probably need a competent manager for this to happen because Southgate is useless.  If every English player was fit then I swear Southgate would play Rice, Henderson and Philips in midfield.  He loves hard working robots rather than class.

3 minutes ago, Rod said:

This lad will play for England.  We probably need a competent manager for this to happen because Southgate is useless.  If every English player was fit then I swear Southgate would play Rice, Henderson and Philips in midfield.  He loves hard working robots rather than class.

The point is, though, that each of those is good enough to play for England, but there should only be one spot for a player like that, and imo it should be Rice at the moment. Putting more than one reduces the dynamicism and stops off-the-ball runs into the final third as the player's natural instinct is to sit deeper and be the pivot when off the ball.

Just now, HawK said:

The point is, though, that each of those is good enough to play for England, but there should only be one spot for a player like that, and imo it should be Rice at the moment. Putting more than one reduces the dynamicism and stops off-the-ball runs into the final third as the player's natural instinct is to sit deeper and be the pivot when off the ball.

You are absolutely bang on.  Play one of the work horses, not all of them.  I agree with Rice by the way, I would love him here.  However, after the fa semi I've just watched, I must say that Caceido is some player.

Speaking to Sky Sports’ Keith Downie after the Spurs destruction, Bruno Guimaraes placed Willock amongst some very esteemed company with his comparisons: “Willockinho with his new hair today — he looked like Ronaldinho and played like him too. “An amazing through ball forJoe(linton) goal. What a pass! “Only Modric can play a pass like that. It was amazing.”

:smitten:

5 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Speaking to Sky Sports’ Keith Downie after the Spurs destruction, Bruno Guimaraes placed Willock amongst some very esteemed company with his comparisons: “Willockinho with his new hair today — he looked like Ronaldinho and played like him too. “An amazing through ball forJoe(linton) goal. What a pass! “Only Modric can play a pass like that. It was amazing.”

:smitten:

I thought Schar played the ball to Joelinton, and Willock played in Isak? 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

It was the best assist of the game. Outside of the boot on the turn from about half way?

Sure, it most likely was, but the Schär assist for Joelinton is absolutely sublime as well, as was his assist against West Ham. Willocks today is sexier due to the outside of the boot, but both the Schär ones take out so many players from a completely unexpected position and executed by a CB as well. I just think there's an argument to be made for Schärs incredible assists :smitten: