Joe Willock

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

He said ever present in our best 11 rather than best player 

I'm worried like, I think he's a massive player for us personally 

I read it that way to begin with but wasn’t sure because of the last sentence. I would have Willock in our starting 11. With Gordon not being an option it is a major issue Willock being out 

28 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

The ever present best 11 is injured and no one seems worried about this. No matter what you lot think of him he is very important to what Howe wants to do. It is worrisome and to play the final with out our best player.

I already said that I was really concerned about us losing Bruno and Willock for the game against Liverpool. Everyone obviously ia going to miss Bruno, but Willock is also a key player in the press and transitions, people sometimes lose sight of that becasue his finishing is still patchy.

11 hours ago, TRon said:

I already said that I was really concerned about us losing Bruno and Willock for the game against Liverpool. Everyone obviously ia going to miss Bruno, but Willock is also a key player in the press and transitions, people sometimes lose sight of that becasue his finishing is still patchy.

Yes but before the world cup break against Southampton and Chelsea he was unplayable. The first leg of semi final also he was good creating and trying two or three chances. He is good footballer with great stamina.

10 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

lol clueless.

Bit harsh that [emoji38]

For what it’s worth I agree with you. I prefer Willock in the team but Joelinton is smashing that midfield role so it’s not too much of a stretch to have an opinion that he’s better. It’s a coin flip :lol:

6 minutes ago, Toonjam88 said:

Anyone see the apparent recent insta post from him on his exercise bike? Anyone with any medical knowledge tell me if he wouldn’t be able to do this if his hammy was actually bad? Need a glimmer of hope he will be fit for the final. 

No medical knowledge and haven’t seen the video but he wouldn’t cycling if he had a serious injury. 

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

No medical knowledge and haven’t seen the video but he wouldn’t cycling if he had a serious injury. 

Not even sure if it’s real to be honest. Suppose should find out more soon at Eddie press conference 

5 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Cycling is very low impact and is normal to keep aerobic stamina up. If it’s a slight hammy dont think it would do too much harm as lo g as he stretches well.

5 hours ago, STM said:

Massive if we can get him back and let Joelinton go back out left.

Agreed, it's so important that we get that left hand side partnership back, it helps burn no end as well.

We look significantly weaker with ASM on the left and Burn at LB imo.

25 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

Agreed, it's so important that we get that left hand side partnership back, it helps burn no end as well.

We look significantly weaker with ASM on the left and Burn at LB imo.

Maxi on the left with Targett covering was a better combination if playing Maxi on the left.

• 3 weeks later...

Who is this guy? [emoji38] Although a fair bit of this looks like it was done on the break.

Didn't he go through a purple patch of scoring 8 in a row or something? Feels unfathomable now. 

Think he could be a good option of the midfielder running beyond the striker if we play with Isak as Isak likes to drift wide or drop deep to help the continuity of play.