Joe Willock

Has to stay in the team. As the weeks go by he’ll be the key to linking the team with Wood. Wood plays nothing into teammates - we really should be putting balls into his chest and feet. I think getting Bruno in the team is massive. Willock will be able to move further up the pitch knowing there’s a good chance we’ll retain the ball and get quality service into the final third. I reckon he’ll get 3-5 goals by the end of the season. 

Seemed like he was carrying an injury most of the season. Or perhaps it was a mental block but the last few games he has stretched his legs and its almost like once he remembers he's actually quick he grows in confidence throughout the game. 

I was hoping he can turn it around and play that role that Lingard was likely going to take and I think he is a crucial player for the remainder of the season in terms of breaking from midfield and trying to get some goals. 

He looked stronger than I can remember ever seeing him in that second half today. Several lung-busting runs and he was knocking people out of the way at times.

He did very well for Fraser's goal and was unlucky not to score himself. 

Hopefully this is him back on track. 

4 minutes ago, alexf said:

Seemed like he was carrying an injury most of the season. Or perhaps it was a mental block but the last few games he has stretched his legs and its almost like once he remembers he's actually quick he grows in confidence throughout the game. 

I was hoping he can turn it around and play that role that Lingard was likely going to take and I think he is a crucial player for the remainder of the season in terms of breaking from midfield and trying to get some goals. 

Hasn’t he been taking injections in his foot since end of last season?

With the exception of maybe trippier, I think he probably covered more ground than anyone else during the game. He was relentless. Might not have always been pretty but he was constantly closing Everton players down, getting a foot in to tackle and trying to break up play, even if sometimes he was breaking up our own play. 

Tremendous performance imo. More of this please. While I think Howe will like the idea of Shelvey and Bruno both playing, to pose problems for opposition in offering dangerous passes from different areas of the pitch, the pure running and workrate willock offers shouldn't be ignored. We know he can be an attacking threat. 

Joe Bruno Joe 

For me.

He’s got massive, massive talent and his technique is great. Still think there’s a ways to go with game intelligence and general awareness, but he’s young enough to improve in both areas. He’s finally winning tackles and using his body, he just needs a goal and I think he’ll step it up even further.

Would love to see him with Bruno beside.

In a club that had no tactics he kept popping up in the right spot and scored last year.  Under Howe he has a defined role and he will grow into it.  He'll probably never have a stretch like he did with us last year but he will succeed and bag his fair share in the future.  Love his motor.