Joe Willock: Out for the remainder of the season with Achilles injury (Hope)

Poor first half, probably his worst for us so far.

Played brilliant in the second half though, he'll have a great career.

He's different class to any player we have.

Didn't think he was that good tbh. Few moments where he made a few nice touches, equal amount of balls-ups. Difficult to feel a modicum of anything. He's not good enough to drag-up the level of performances from piss-take to almost-acceptable, and he'll be a distant memory in a few months in any case.

Didn't think he was that good tbh. Few moments where he made a few nice touches, equal amount of balls-ups. Difficult to feel a modicum of anything. He's not good enough to drag-up the level of performances from piss-take to almost-acceptable, and he'll be a distant memory in a few months in any case.

Think that's harsh, he was brilliant 2nd half

Can tell he was trained at a proper club

Far too clever for the rest of our team. He's two steps ahead of everyone else, and inevitably ends up looking around desperately for help when he wins a bit of space with some skill and invention.

Mebs. I'm just raging. :lol:  It's got to me tonight, for some reason. Just so sick of it all.

This was a cracking post, I know.

Yeah. That seems outrageously harsh. Thought he’s looked quick, lively and good on the ball from his first ten minutes of playing for us. The only ball carrier from the middle and the only one fit, fast and mobile enough to go box to box. Grafts his bollocks off all game from what I can see.

Obviously it's just me that cant remember anything he did tonight.

I don’t think he did anything really flashy. Just constantly driving forward with the ball, getting in the box, tracking back regularly and actually nicking the ball and having an impact. As opposed to just trudging back, running in treacle behind the opposition.

He has a really nice touch and habit of getting out of tight spaces with it and a decent turn. I think he looks really good and I like his attitude.

I don’t think he did anything really flashy. Just constantly driving forward with the ball, getting in the box, tracking back regularly and actually nicking the ball and having an impact. As opposed to just trudging back, running in treacle behind the opposition.

He has a really nice touch and habit of getting out of tight spaces with it and a decent turn. I think he looks really good and I like his attitude.

In our team, that puts him in the same bracket as Zico. Embarrassing how much better he is on the ball than any of our lot in midfield.

Hard to do when they're just standing there watching him in amazement while he actually plays football.

Nah there were quite a few times when there was man in space or had a run on and instead he held onto it and lost possession.

He is good on the ball, occasional aspects of his play which let him down today - holding onto the ball too long before a pass or pass not reaching target. However feel sorry for him based on players either not looking to receive the ball which makes him look worse. I've been impressed and he's confident running at people. How would people compare him to Longstaff/s?

I noticed Villa opted to play their home grown player over a loan player so it's interesting in our predicament we need to use bigger clubs youth players to improve the team!

1st half he was poor like.

2nd half he was better and grew into the game, however like everyone else he needs to start passing the ball to players who are free in space.

Fair. His passing could be better but him driving forward was super 2nd half

Yes it's just you.  He was a class above any of our other players.  You haven't played football before have you?