Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Is anyone confident if we sacked him we would stay up ?

Games have run out imo. A change of manager even 3/4 weeks ago would have allowed some momentum building up into ‘winnable’ games. I don’t think that’s even remotely possible now.

The two weeks without a game would be vital to a new coach but they wouldn’t appoint one if they got rid IMO. Would just be Jones.

Bruce will have seen this as a good weekend for him btw, no doubt about that. 16th or 17th makes no odds to him and his supporters.

If there's any truth to him having lost the dressing room and/or being one of the root causes of the sheer visible misery of the players on the pitch, then it's never too late to sack him. If binning him makes everybody feel better, even if it's just left to Jones, then it should be a no-brainer.

It's an absolutely desperate situation, like. We've been left with just having to cross everything. There's no strategy here, just hope we get a win somewhere/hope that Fulham and the six or seven who are looking over their shoulders just keep losing.

The longer he stays the more damage he'll do, that's clear from his cv. Not convinced that sacking him will mean we stay up, gut instinct tells me we're already done. The second he leaves the club it can start to move in the right direction again though so you might as well just bin him this afternoon, might not see the benefits this season but it'll give someone a head start going for promotion next year. What have they got to lose? 2 wins in 19? It's not going to get better is it? With his record? Fuck it, roll the dice

Ashley won't be sleeping easy tonight. He knows now he's fucked it and should have listened to the fans when we told him it was time to change. He's committed to the shit decision and it will see him lose half the value of his club and the buyers walk away (don't care what the papers say, they want a prem club not a basket case 2nd flight shitshow)

I love it. Cannot wait to see the club rot in the Championship. We don't have the squad or the manager to turn it around and i think after a year away the fans to support it financially. He'll not put in, if he does it'll just be to saddle the club with more debt and this time it'll push it over the clubs value, making it effectively worthless. If you do return to the stadium next season under Ashley, you deserve him and i can only hope he takes your money year after year giving nothing in return.

Mike just needs to waddle onto the training ground and offer all the players an extra million bonus for staying up and say as a bonus to the bonus he'll sack Steve on the spot just for giggles. In front of everyone. Absolute safety guaranteed.

There will be players in that squad who will actually prefer relegation & life in the 2nd tier, the selfish fuckers will be looking for contact extensions

Fucking stench of the place makes me want to vom every time I think about them

Fat fucking traitorous so called head team coach, despise the cunt with a passion

It's got to the point where I care less for Steve Bruce than I did for Alan Pardew. How is that even possible?

Maybe it's rosy retrospection, but as poor as Pardew was, at least at one point we had a decent run (not that I'm attributing that run to him).

The right thing for the club is for Bruce to go now, but unfortunately thanks to club senior management, the right thing for Bruce is to stay. It's looking grim.

The sensible thing to do would be to sack him after the weekend fixture with someone lined up to come in the next week. That way they have time to work with the squad during the international break. But, you’d think it would be Jones taking over anyways so the break doesn’t really matter