Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Guest HTT II

No shame, bringing his dead parents into it for fucking sympathy and self pity, what an absolute cunt, I don’t think even Pardew would stoop that low. Bye Bruce!

"I think whoever took over from Rafa, it was going to be tough," said Bruce. "I don’t think people wanted me from the start, in the local media and the fans. It has been incredibly draining emotionally at times, very hard. Not just for me but for my whole family, who are all Geordies and who are all Newcastle fans."

3 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

"I think whoever took over from Rafa, it was going to be tough," said Bruce. "I don’t think people wanted me from the start, in the local media and the fans. It has been incredibly draining emotionally at times, very hard. Not just for me but for my whole family, who are all Geordies and who are all Newcastle fans."

He knew all this before he took over, he knew NUFC under Ashley was an unhappy football club but still decided to take it on.  I mean, its like walking into a burning building and complaining your clothes are on fire. 

3 minutes ago, number37 said:

Fuck him. No one forced him to take the job. He didn't have to quit Sheffield Wednesday. There's absolutely no way he'd be oblivious to what it would be like. This was his choice and his alone. 

Exactly.  There will never be any sympathy for him from me. He’ll get his pay off fuck him

27 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Most I've ever enjoyed reading one of his interviews, because ignoring the usual woe is me stuff, it's crystal clear he knows he's gone.

He's got a massive inferiority complex fuelled by the knowledge he actually knows he's not anywhere close to being good enough. He knows he's past it, he knows his methods of working are ancient and inadequate and he also knows he's too ignorant to change how he does things. He's also painfully aware that this is his last big job and he's staring down the twin barrels of redundancy and retirement now he, and his record, are actually being held to account. He's playing any and every card he's still got left in order to preserve his tattered reputation in the game, just willing to say and do anything for another job, somewhere, anywhere... 

Boot this tired, old, pernicious, slimey cunt out tomorrow please, it'll be the best money you ever spend on this club. 

6 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

£8m to pay him off! Probably includes the other Steves and maybe Graeme but it's big money for the club that went "above and beyond" to sign Willock using installments paid via a sell-on clause

Is this widely known? Haven't seen it before. 

Honestly shocked if he doesn't have a takeover-related break clause. It's not like it would've stopped and made him think twice about snatching the contract out of Charnley's hands with his greasy sausage fingers.