Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

50 minutes ago, Kanji said:

What kind of moron of a  former owner and MD would give this guy a contract that allows for a payoff close to 8 mil? That’s some absolute and downright negligence. 

One of the big positives of the takeover is we won't see this sort of deal again. Not sure whether it was down to sheer incompetence or piss taking, when you've got an MD like Charnley, probably the former. 

2 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Most reports say Jones will be caretaker for Tottenham and as long as it's the 1 game we might as well give him it, so don't think it includes him

dont like the sound of that. we'll go in with same tactics, shitty formation and players out of position.

4 minutes ago, huss9 said:

dont like the sound of that. we'll go in with same tactics, shitty formation and players out of position.

I think we’ll see a far better performance from the players in the next game. People forget how morale crushing it must be for them playing for a club clearly going nowhere with a manager happy to tick over. Even if Jones is in charge I bet we see far more from this group who’ve been underachieving massively. 

The atmosphere would improve even more even if just Bruce was gone and it was Jones in the dugout. But I really don't see a point to giving this same shit setup one more game, a winnable game against a naff Tottenham at that. Give the new guy as much time as possible with the players. 

1 minute ago, St1pe said:

I think we’ll see a far better performance from the players in the next game. People forget how morale crushing it must be for them playing for a club clearly going nowhere with a manager happy to tick over. Even if Jones is in charge I bet we see far more from this group who’ve been underachieving massively. 

A number of them are now playing for their future - we've got a full 25 man squad so to bring in any players others will need to leave or end up like Atsu/Saivet in the U23s.

The most important thing is to remove Bruce before the Spurs game because it'll be difficult to hurl abuse and celebrate at the same time. I fancy he'll be gone on Monday and Jones will be in charge for the Spurs game. Amanda has already mentioned about the feelings of the fans and so she's fully aware of Bruce's popularity. If he is in the dugout it will put a bit of a dampener on things and we need to muster everything we've got to get 3 points

1 hour ago, Haz said:

And, if they're professional they should be playing for places.

Well most will be now playing for their futures, so fully expect an extra yard of pace, and better more accurate passing.

Most of them knew they were untouchable under Bruce so have been too happy and comfortable to coast through games doing the bare minimum

3 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Well most will be now playing for their futures, so fully expect an extra yard of pace, and better more accurate passing.

Most of them knew they were untouchable under Bruce so have been too happy and comfortable to coast through games doing the bare minimum

I'm most looking forward to Longstaff's performance.

Ironic isn't it?

The year we got relegated under Rafa. Final game of the season at SJP it was againat Spurs and, despite relegation, SJP was loud and noisy. Fans sang the Rafa songs and pleaded for him stay with 'We want you to stay, we want you to stay, Rafa Benitez, we want you to stay'. It was incredible.

Now, we have new owners, after 14 years under Mike Ashley. We have Spurs again and ITS LLLIIVEEE on Sky! SJP will be noisy, loud and bouncing. We might get beat again like we have been in the past but I bet you, the fans would still be in party mood.

Then you have Steve Bruce. Should he still be here at that time, does he think fans will serenade and congratulate him for his 1000th game? He'll get mocked, booed, abused everytime he is in the technical area let alone if he touches the ball when out of play. Fair enough, it might look bad on Newcastle fans jeering him but what does he expect for being pathetic at his job and being an absolute gobshite? If he' s still here then, he better be prepared for 90 minutes of absolute hell and backlash from the crowd.

Sure, the fans will sing him the same tune as they did for Rafa but the words will be different " We want you to fuck off, we want you to fuck off, you sad mackem bastard, we want you to fuck off".

Edited by nufcjb

4 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I wonder when his sacking will be announced. I can’t see anyway he’s in charge next Sunday. Would be a stain on what will be a great day for the club. 

I'd imagine there's a hell of a lot for them to work through behind closed doors, it'll happen but it's entirely possible he could still he here next week IMO. 

1 minute ago, Andy said:

I'd imagine there's a hell of a lot for them to work through behind closed doors, it'll happen but it's entirely possible he could still he here next week IMO. 

That’d be a massive mistake by them, imo.

Even just having a caretaker in charge next week would be better.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

That’d be a massive mistake by them, imo.

Even just having a caretaker in charge next week would be better.

In the grand scheme of things I don't think it would really make much difference in their eyes, given that they see this as a 5+ year project. It'll probably depend on how discussions have gone with the players and whether they've been given the impression that Jones would do an adequate job as caretaker.