Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

I see no reason why he would leave Roma.  

Was tongue in cheek. What I’m getting at is we need someone who can get the best out of an average squad (Rafa-esque) rather than someone used to managing superstars

Edited by RS

9 minutes ago, Northerngimp said:

Like the Simpson's episode where the Germans buy the power plant. 

"After review the following people will be sacked Bruce, Steve...that is all."

"Bruce, Steve" 

"Agnew, Steve"

"Clemence, Steve" 

"Harper, Steve" 

"Ameobi, Shola." 

There we go, a bit better:D

Guest neesy111
Just now, Chicken Dancer said:

Hopefully there will be another party at SJP & in the alehouses all over Tyneside when this pleb finally gets the bullet.

3 parties.

1 for the takeover.

1 for Bruce gone.

1 for charnley etc gone.

2 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

I wonder if whoever is coming in is currently employed, which is why this wasn’t immediate? Synchronise the announcement of Steve, Steve and Steve going and Jones having the Spurs game with one of their replacement(s) 24 hours later - but first ensure whatever compo is required is sorted?

I don’t think they’ve had time to get a manager lined up.

Seems even they were caught out by the speed of the takeover going through. They’d planned for Rafa but he’s not available now so they’re likely trying to work out who to go for. Could take a while.

In the meantime I think Jones will be caretaker with perhaps some of the academy coaches/ short term coaching appointments to help out. 

Guest neesy111
4 minutes ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

I still can't quite believe Mike Ashley would give such an obviously stupid contract to Bruce when he's trying to offload the club.

It makes a mockery of him being a good businessman.

Bruce was earning 500k a year at Sheffield Wednesday and he had to pay £2m for him and then put him on £3m a year.  Up there with the joelinton deal.

Edited by neesy111

2 minutes ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

I still can't quite believe Mike Ashley would give such an obviously stupid contract to Bruce when he's trying to offload the club.

Just a petty little boobie-trap for anyone who bought the club off him. 

2 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

It makes a mockery of him being a good businessman.

Bruce was warning 500k a year at Sheffield Wednesday and he had to pay £2m for him and then put him on £3m a year.  Up there with the joelinton deal.

So bad. Probably Brucey has to hand back half of the exit fee under the table, some weird tax evasion scheme. Wouldn't put it past the pests