Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

The interview with Edwards the other day saying 'he wasn't bitter if the consortium sack him' essentially set him up for another job. 

Hull fans like him because he took them to the Premier League twice and made the FA Cup final, that's unprecedented for them given their history. Making a cup final would arguably change our perceptions of him but it's too late for that now

Sunderland fans shouldn't like him, or not claim he's doing a good job here because he was sacked with virtually identical records a decade ago. Give or take one game the records match perfectly. 

Villa had the cabbage, Sheffield Wednesday had the compensation saga with us... before that Birmingham who I forget had GSB probably respect him as would Wigan. And further his loyalty really comes into question with his 5 jobs in 3 years! 

Steve Bruce’s reign as Newcastle United’s manager will end this week.

The club’s new Saudi owners will axe the 60-year-old in what will be the first major decision in re-shaping the Tyneside club.

A collective agreement has been reached by the hierarchy that the Magpies need a fresh direction - and the current boss will learn his fate in the next few days.

- No names linked in the piece though Conte and Mancini appear "wide of the mark" and Rafa can't as Everton have him

1 minute ago, nbthree3 said:

The club’s new Saudi owners will axe the 60-year-old in what will be the first major decision in re-shaping the Tyneside club.

A collective agreement has been reached by the hierarchy that the Magpies need a fresh direction - and the current boss will learn his fate in the next few days.

- No names linked in the piece though Conte and Mancini appear "wide of the mark" and Rafa can't as Everton have him

From where?

3 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Fuck I'd take Henry Mancini if it mean getting rid of the Vogon

Such a shame we can't have Rafa back as the consortium are being advised by his men (Mail piece)

Frank McParland, former Liverpool academy director (1999 to 2013) and most recently director of recruitment at Rangers, will lead the managerial search. Premier League experience is seen as important given that, while the long-term ambition is to win trophies, the immediate priority is to avoid relegation.

Owen Brown, who worked with Benitez at Liverpool and who is agent to Phil Foden, has been PCP’s football consultant and will retain an advisory role.

Just now, ponsaelius said:

Not really convinced by the idea of just sticking with Graeme Jones like. Honestly don't even really know anything about the bloke. What's to say he's capable of managing a PL club? 

agree. if he's been advising bruce  then he's not been much cop either.

4 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Not really convinced by the idea of just sticking with Graeme Jones like. Honestly don't even really know anything about the bloke. What's to say he's capable of managing a PL club? 

I don’t think anyone’s suggesting they stick with Graeme Jones are they?…just that he will be caretaker for a few games while they find their man.

Give them time guys.  We all agree Bruce should go asap.   We dont need a superstar manager at this stage.  We need a good manager that can get us up the league.   Its highly unlikely the 1st manager they hire, will be the manager that wins us something.  Slowly slowly catchy monkey.

Going to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one. I've got no proof of anything here but I'm just joining the dots here, but I honestly think that the speed at which this whole thing has happened has surprised all of us including Staveley and the consortium. They look delighted it's gone through and they're now in charge but given how things looked 2 weeks ago it seemed a million miles away. I know it's been rumbling on for 18 months and they'll have had a chance to think about how to move the club forward, who'll be manager, who'll be a target in the market etc but it was never imminent. It was always "we'll do this once we take over".

The litigation that was taking place looked like it would take months, maybe years, hearing pushed back until next year and it looked bogged down in red tape and there was never a finishing line in sight.....Then it changed so suddenly it has caught everyone off guard and it's happened within a few days. They've been given the nod by the PL and I think they've been caught on the hop at the speed of the resolution. It's a crucial appointment, they've got to assess things and see who's available, who still wants it and make plans to appoint and this takes time. I'm more than happy to give them as much time as they need to appoint the right bloke. Critical they get it right. 

Take all the time they need its critical and no transfer window at the min although if they go down a DOF model recruitment may not be the Managers issue. The problem is we arent coasting at the min mid table we are at risk of being cut adrift at the foot of the table not sure how much Jones say as care taker would be enough. It's still alot of tough games to get us to Jan. Its hard to make that call bringing in someone now may be a disaster but we all agree we can't go on as we are 

Agree with Midds.  I also suspect that once the PL decided to cave, they did everything they could to get the deal done quietly and quickly so as to present the Little 19 with a fait accompli.  Otherwise Man U, Spurs et al. and their supporters could have mounted a nationwide PR campaign and demonstrations like we saw when the Super League was announced.  Might also have been a deliberate strategy to get it sealed during the international break.

It's crazy the rumours people are throwing around, mainly journos after a free article.

Putting words into our mouths - look at the reality and we're 19th-placed Newcastle who has won no games in all competitions, who vehemently opposes the manager (roughly 19 out of 20 going off the NUST 5000 fans who voted) but with all the money in the world. 

2 minutes ago, GideonShandy said:

Agree with Midds.  I also suspect that once the PL decided to cave, they did everything they could to get the deal done quietly and quickly so as to present the Little 19 with a fait accompli.  Otherwise Man U, Spurs et al. and their supporters could have mounted a nationwide PR campaign and demonstrations like we saw when the Super League was announced.  Might also have been a deliberate strategy to get it sealed during the international break.

For once the private policy works well.  

Also all clubs voted to trust prems decisions.

6 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Who'd you like to see us go for @midds? Or are you not really arsed as its done with good intentions now :lol:

Virtually impossible to answer a question like that as there are so many variables involved. 

A manager like Tuchel, Nagelsmann, Poch, Gasperini (bit old maybe), Galtier would be unbelievable. But I've got no idea how likely any of those would be in reality. 

4 minutes ago, midds said:

Virtually impossible to answer a question like that as there are so many variables involved. 

A manager like Tuchel, Nagelsmann, Poch, Gasperini (bit old maybe), Galtier would be unbelievable. But I've got no idea how likely any of those would be in reality. 

My dream is Conte. It was Allegri back in April 2020 when it looked like it was going through then so Conte seems the next best thing. Why they'd not even bother asking a manager of that calibre about the taking the job would be beyond me, would have the standing in the game to attract good players and so forth.

Potter doesn't excite me, I know he's a great coach, plays good football and has done well with Brighton but he just doesn't. Same with Howe now too, though I'd probably end up taking both if they'd be open to come.

All other top managers like those you've mentioned are all in jobs and I'm unsure if we could prise any of them away at this stage.

Edited by HaydnNUFC