Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

I think he'll still be gone this week, but patience is the key here. They've just got the keys, I'm sure in their mind Bruce being in charge for one more training session or even one more game wouldn't be the end of their 5 year plan. They aren't looking at this through the eyes of us fans who are sick to death of him. 

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

I think he'll still be gone this week, but patience is the key here. They've just got the keys, I'm sure in their mind Bruce being in charge for one more training session or even one more game wouldn't be the end of their 5 year plan. They aren't looking at this through the eyes of us fans who are sick to death of him. 

The concern for me is they give him Sunday and he sneaks a win. Does that give him another stay of execution and waste yet more games we can’t afford to waste.

McClaren kept taking training sessions until his official sack on the Friday after the Bournemouth defeat. Not exactly professional like but need as  many straws to clutch at as possible :lol:

Edited by HaydnNUFC

I totally understand everyone's eagerness for the sacking to happen and I will be extremely disappointed if I have to see him on the side line on Sunday. But I think we're so starved of things being done with a semblance of professionalism; it's not exactly a shock that they haven't binned him the first moment they've had a chance to sit down and look him in the eye.

As far as it affecting match preparation goes, I quite honestly don't care about the result at this stage. There's enough matches in the season to climb up the league with a competent manager and some January additions.

Sunday is solely about getting that that karmic release inside SJP for me. Hell, he could be binned on Sunday morning for all I care. As long as he's not a part of the party that SJP will be having later that afternoon.

I really can't fathom how it's good for the new ownership to keep Bruce around. He's not just a remnant of what they're trying to radically change but actively damaging in presence alone. Surely leaving it to Jones would at least guarantee some temporary uplift/appease the fans if they're worried about not having anyone to take over immediately?

Give it a few days I suppose, maybe they want to be diplomatic about his sacking. If he's still here after midweek I'm pretty concerned.

Edited by buzz

1 minute ago, Willow said:

Stop being concerned guys, he's a goner, they're just preparing statements, changing the locks and hiding the remaining bacon

SUPERTOON has always been a glass nearly empty guy. :lol:

The only possible reason I can think of keeping him on is if they have confidence we’ll be able to appoint a new manager fairly soon and they plan to sack him and announce the new man pretty instantaneously.

Would also make sense if we plan to chop the entire backroom staff, Jones included.

That said, I do hope they don’t make their first mistake by allowing him to remain in post for the Spurs game.

I'm sure I read that although he's got this alleged 3-year rolling contract, there's break clauses based on league position at certain points in the season.

Maybe the new owners are hoping they can sack him for 0 if they just make him wait a while. Or that if they just threaten to make him wait until then, he'll acquiesce to a lower payout.

3 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I'm sure I read that although he's got this alleged 3-year rolling contract, there's break clauses based on league position at certain points in the season.

Maybe the new owners are hoping they can sack him for 0 if they just make him wait a while. Or that if they just threaten to make him wait until then, he'll acquiesce to a lower payout.

:lol:

they won’t give a fuck about a few million, he’s gone

3 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

:lol:

they won’t give a fuck about a few million, he’s gone

Depends when the break clause is. If it's next Monday, they might hang on.

You're almost certainly right though and a few million won't matter, but I'm just trying to explain why he's still employed. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Downie still saying he expects Bruce to be 'relieved of his duties' but couldn't say when. He keeps saying today or tomorrow. 

Nowt to worry about :thup:

I don’t want him to be relieved. I want him to cry himself to sleep every night, the useless sack of shit.

Edited by Fantail Breeze