Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Guest neesy111
Just now, The Prophet said:

Speaking of which. I can't say I've watched too much of us this season, but what happened to the split striker system? By the sounds of it we've gone back to standing off in a 5-4-1?

Ditched it last season after we were shit at it.

Just now, neesy111 said:

Ditched it last season after we were shit at it.

I see, neither are preferable but at least we were getting the odd result. It seemed to suit Willock a lot better too.

Until the takeover, I'd lost all interest in this season, so I've lost track.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Awful decision if he’s staying. Say they give him the Spurs game and he pulls of a win then what ?

They find his replacement then sack him. He will not be staying long term.
Amanda has had little time to work with this so we need to be patient and trust her.

lets see how the week pans out.  I think they should have got rid today but Im not the owner.  If he is still here for the game on Sunday then I think Amanda may be shocked by the reaction of the crowd to Bruce especially if we start losing.

2 minutes ago, Dinho lad said:

Not looking forward to the Bruce cry-fest in the media. (and in some way, looking forward to it - I just hope they wipe their tears as soon as possible, the cunts).

Edwards started it at the weekend with his story about how Bruce was disappointed with the reaction of fans on social media

4 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

lets see how the week pans out.  I think they should have got rid today but Im not the owner.  If he is still here for the game on Sunday then I think Amanda may be shocked by the reaction of the crowd to Bruce especially if we start losing.

I mean they might still get rid of him today, there's still half of the day left. 

Maybe the new ownership is as cold as fuck and want Bruce tortured at SJP. Because he will be if we are losing against Spurs. Maybe they are generous and want him to have his 1000 game before getting the boot. What if we win though, then it's even more awkward.

He should have been gone straight off the bat imo. It is a statement of intent that they mean business, not just to the fans but to the players. Dissapointing. But still time yet.

Edited by toontownman

I mentioned this earlier. Doesnt bother or have the courtesy to come in on Friday to meet the new owners.

Then turns up on Monday at 11. What an absolute joke this manager on 999 games is. Utter embarassment.

Edited by nufcjb

11 minutes ago, Dinho lad said:

Not looking forward to the Bruce cry-fest in the media. (and in some way, looking forward to it - I just hope they wipe their tears as soon as possible, the cunts).

Scrolled past a staggeringly thick post (think it was GiveMeSport) earlier listing an achievement from every club Bruce had worked at whilst completely ignoring his massive constant shortcomings (e.g. "Turned Birmingham into an established PL team" but failed to mention him relegating them) which then said "...all this while suffering the loss of his parents in 2018. Steve Bruce deserves MORE RESPECT"

What was funny was everything bar his "achievements" at Newcastle and Villa (which were fabricated bullshit anyway) happened before his parents died, and they didn't mention at all his stint at Sheffield Wednesday - you know, the club that bent over backwards for him and gave him over a month off when he wanted to go watch the cricket in homage to his dearly departed dad; the very same club he monumentally fucked over six months later.

Edited by Pilko

Just now, Chicane said:

Do we actually think the crowd would be on him that much if was in the dugout? Plenty of our fans like him. Better football than Rafa let's not forget.

I don’t think any of them would be it will be all about no Ashley on Sunday (as it should be)