Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

keep calm. We are better than we were. We won't sack people over the phone like in the Ashley days. Whether you think Bruce deserves it or not, he will be treated professionally, especially since the whole world (including potential new managers) will be watching. Won't be long now ... 

23 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Blows my mind that anyone could dislike any manager of their club as much as Pardew, TBH. Pardew wasn't just a terrible manager, he was an absolute fucking vampire.

I think the difference is that I still cared during the Pardew years. Haven’t really given much of a shit since Rafa left.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I refuse to believe these don’t have a plan in place. Yeah rafa isn’t available and yes they didn’t expect to happen this quick but surely they still had plans if they eventually thought it would go through.

Yeah, I'm sure they had a continuous shortlist of options and ideas of what direction they might go.

There's a lot to sort out but they seem pretty good people to be tasked with doing it. Not that everything will be perfect of course.

Good point made about keeping it professional. They’ll treat Bruce like any other, with dignity and respect removing any emotion out of the situation. That’s fair enough and sets the tone going forward.

yes they’ve been caught on the hop but I think they’ll have irons in the fire and they’re just seeing who is interested at this moment in time and that is different to who was back when this started and would change again at the end of the year. Plan is the same. Get the best manager possible as quickly as they can but without rushing it and making a mistake. 

Media, dont know what they have planned.   Just look at all rumours and that flying round - 99.9% are just guesses.    If they are going down the Sport Director route then - this needs to be sorted 1st before a manager is hired.  Still fire Bruce and put Jones in as caretaker.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I refuse to believe these don’t have a plan in place. Yeah rafa isn’t available and yes they didn’t expect to happen this quick but surely they still had plans if they eventually thought it would go through.

Its just the most awkward time because of our position. it being mid-season the managers that were the top choices (Rafa, Poch) newly in good jobs and their not really having to settle for second best gives them so many options.

Its a real conundrum.

1 minute ago, Wolfcastle said:

Its just the most awkward time because of our position. it being mid-season the managers that were the top choices (Rafa, Poch) newly in good jobs and their not really having to settle for second best gives them so many options.

Its a real conundrum.

Think Poch is 1 Messi tantrum away from being sacked. 

3 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Its a real conundrum.

Agree with that but some of the media suggesting no plans at all is for me untrue.

If it was up to me he'd be gone already, but I don't really care as long as he is gone before the spurs match. If they keep him on for any longer, early concerns needs to be raised. No matter how unprepared and sudden the takeover came about.

Surely meeting the fucking mess up close and personal would make you realise how uninspiring, out of shape and deluded he is while devouring lurpack with a spoon. They will sack him on the spot and hopefully in front of the players

7 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Imagine turning up at 11am for work, when there's a massive amount of work to be done. 

Unless he was specifically told to turn up at that time, I think it sums him up perfectly that he makes no effort at all to impress.

44 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

wonder if Amanda has been dreading meeting Bruce all weekend as she knows what she has to do?

I think she's just dreading his inevitable buttery-teared breakdown in her office.