Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

20 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I can understand the itch to get rid of him immediately but you can all have a very nice time even if Bruce is there on Sunday. 

It probably won’t even be that long. It doesn’t have to happen in the next five seconds. I would far rather they had their house in order and avoided making a stupid mistake than sack Bruce last Friday and go and hire the first idiot they spoke to. 

Aye, but there was always another option, immediately sack him and put Jones in charge until the replacement is hired, risky you might say? In many other circumstances yes, but we have won 0 from 8 games, we literally cant do any worse.

Should have been peddled first thing Monday morning.

Not a disaster but definitely a mistake IMO.

18 minutes ago, hakka said:

If we sack Bruce and get bummed on Sunday, pressure is on the owners already for sacking him and appearing without a plan. You can see the PFM loving people and media leaping to his defence.

The new owners need to be strong in their convictions and not care about any so-called negative PR, they are not running a PR firm here but a football club. Bruce needs gone ASAP, having said that, if him staying on for now is part of a wider strategic plan, what can we do? Abuse the cunt for 90 mins on Sunday that’s what and fuck any haters.

Edited by HTT II

Everytime I see him stepping out of his car, I cannot for one second believe that guy is a coach of a Premier League club. He is so out of shape, he almost struggles to get out of it.

And fuck off with this Steve Bruce is a human being, nice guy narrative. Go ask Craig Hope or even Lee Ryder if Bruce is a nice guy. If he is, then it makes Rafa Benitez an angel then!

Edited by nufcjb

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

The new owners need to be strong in their convictions and not care about any so-called negative PR, they are not running a PR firm here but a football club. Bruce needs gone ASAP, having said that, if him staying on for now is part of a wider strategic plan, what can we do? Abuse the cunt for 90 mins on Sunday that’s what and fuck any haters.

I'm not suggesting they should care - the point is whatever they do a narrative can be painted either way about him being sacked straight away or after Sunday's game. It's all moot to me. Being free from Ashley and having owners that claim they want us to win things and have the financial muscle to do it is amazing. I ain't going to give a fuck if Bruce happens to be in charge for a short while longer while the new owners sort out the new structure. Haven't we always wanted owners that do things properly?

We've waited 14 years to be free of Ashley and the moment we do it people are unhappy we haven't peddled Bruce in less than a few days - it's beggars belief people are that greedy for having it all their way already, even though it means fuck all in grand scheme of things. I'd change my tune if he's here for rest of the season, of course. :lol:

Hopefully tomorrows day off will allow them to make the decision and bin him. Then on Friday, Graeme Jones can take media duties ahead of the weekend.

Is it telling that Bruce had an interview planned based around his 1000th match earlier this week ( :icon_puke_r: ) but it was postponed/cancelled?

2 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Hopefully tomorrows day off will allow them to make the decision and bin him. Then on Friday, Graeme Jones can take media duties ahead of the weekend.

Is it telling that Bruce had an interview planned based around his 1000th match earlier this week ( :icon_puke_r: ) but it was postponed/cancelled?

Unless the interview is on his 'day off'.

Just now, Dr Venkman said:

It's frustrating like but understandable they'd not want to rush into any big decisions too soon. Whatever you think of Bruce, sacking a manager is a big decision.

Sacking this one isn't, it's a no brainer. Atmosphere may well have improved but I'm still thinking that this fat bell end is going to take us down.

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Sacking this one isn't, it's a no brainer. Atmosphere may well have improved but I'm still thinking that this fat bell end is going to take us down.

It isn’t a big decision from a sporting POV, but it is if you haven’t even got a board / sporting director / CEO / sporting advisors sorted.

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

It isn’t a big decision from a sporting POV, but it is if you haven’t even got a board / sporting director / CEO / sporting advisors sorted.

Are those things necessary for getting rid of arguably the worst manager in the club's history? We'd have a better chance of beating Tottenham if he simply just wasn't in the dugout.

I think rightly or wrong he'll be here for at least the Spurs game, I have a feeling that the plan is that he stays until we've inteviewed all of our targets and they are ready to appoint him.

I think with this all happening unexpectedly they haven't had time to sort things out ahead of time and this is what we are seeing now with the managerial situation.

I hope I'm wrong though and its announced hes been bounced out of Newcastle forever before Sunday.

10 minutes ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

I think rightly or wrong he'll be here for at least the Spurs game, I have a feeling that the plan is that he stays until we've inteviewed all of our targets and they are ready to appoint him.

I think with this all happening unexpectedly they haven't had time to sort things out ahead of time and this is what we are seeing now with the managerial situation.

I hope I'm wrong though and its announced hes been bounced out of Newcastle forever before Sunday.

It sends out totally the wrong message if this cunt is still within a mile of the ground come kick off on Sunday.

1 minute ago, Beth said:

It sends out totally the wrong message if this cunt is still within a mile of the ground come kick off on Sunday.

Agreed, but I think we might just have to be patient maybe for this and the Palace game, I'd still rather they take the time to make the right decision on the manager.

Id personally prefer we just let Jones take over temporarily but apparently they like Bruce.