Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

This has dragged on far too fucking long, I’m on the side of calling this their first big mistake as owners. Obvs don’t want them out but it’s important to still question stuff they do. This has been a shit show so far 

Calm down man, it's happening. :lol:

2 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Didn't he say similar about the takeover several times over?

Dunno about the takeover, but he definitely has inside knowledge on the club and has proven it time and time again. 

1 minute ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

I know he's always been bang on with team line ups, just didn't know if he's got a history of being accurate beyond that.

Fingers crossed he's right this time anyway.

Just now, ManDoon said:

I hope so, he’s just massively killing my Vibe. I hate the fact he’s still here. Still it was a mistake to keep him for Spurs and I don’t think it’s wrong to point that out 

Tend to agree, they can redeem it by announcing a good new manager before Palace though. Let's hope they will.

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I hope so, he’s just massively killing my Vibe. I hate the fact he’s still here. Still it was a mistake to keep him for Spurs and I don’t think it’s wrong to point that out 

I agree, they've scored a massive own goal keeping Bruce here like. They've killed that early positivity.

Our current, and hopefully soon to be former, manger spent twenty years as a professional central defender, a bulk of that time in one of the most successful sides in British football history. You'd have thought he'd have been able to organise a defence but no. I'm not worried the next manager would be worse at that particular element. 

2 minutes ago, Chicane said:

Howe fills me with zero confidence tbh :lol:

We desperately need someone who can organize our shambolic defense and midfield. Is that Howe?

Not convinced its Favre or Fonseca either all three of them have been criticized for their lack of defensive organization. 

Pretty torn between Favre and Fonseca. If there wasn't the whole ASM rumours I'd save Favre has the experience and calm we need right now. He is also great with younger players. Fonseca seems more of a gamble but could be inspired. Howe is someway behind both for me but I would have accepted him with open arms a few months ago and he absolutely will have been improving himself in his break from management. He is meticulous. Surprised AVB isn't being pushed more, he is a maverick but I think he would be great. 

2 minutes ago, number37 said:

Our current, and hopefully soon to be former, manger spent twenty years as a professional central defender, a bulk of that time in one of the most successful sides in British football history. You'd have thought he'd have been able to organise a defence but no. I'm not worried the next manager would be worse at that particular element. 

Nah. He's busy making us play on the front foot.

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I don't know that it was a mistake. It really depends on who they get in and if it's the right man. One game will seem pretty meaningless in the greater scheme of things if they get who they want. 

It's easy for fans sitting watching to say how it should be done, but in reality there must be a lot of work going on behind the scenes. If it wasn't for the press saying he was getting sacked immediately, we'd probably be pretty happy with how things are going. 

1 minute ago, mofo said:

Sacked at 2pm today, Stavely delivered the news along with Jamie Reuben. Expect an announcement tonight via Skysports.

If it happened at 2pm you'd have to think it would've leaked in the press by now.

Really hoping all these rumours are true.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

I don't know that it was a mistake. It really depends on who they get in and if it's the right man. One game will seem pretty meaningless in the greater scheme of things if they get who they want. 

It's easy for fans sitting watching to say how it should be done, but in reality there must be a lot of work going on behind the scenes. If it wasn't for the press saying he was getting sacked immediately, we'd probably be pretty happy with how things are going. 

:thup: Anyone coming in now is going to take a little time regardless to stamp their imprint on the team. Bump or not I wouldn't expect our form to massively change direction but to be steadied and maybe pick up a few wins before end of season.

The real optimism for me is January, seeing what's improved and if we can kick on to comfortable safety. And then, of course, what the summer brings.

Edited by thomas

Guest carpetman1
2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Aye. Ecstatic. Those three points are making me wet my pants.