Mike Ashley

Doctor Zaius

TBF how the club handles younger players is shocking. Never play them in first team matches because 'experience over youth' because experience works a lot doesn't it, and it 'could ruin them' or some other bullshit. So we loan them out ad infinitum until they reach 23, 24 then fuck them off for a pittance of a fee and some end up being alright players. Mbabu and Toney to name a couple. The injury management by Pardew of Aarons was terrible as well, probably ruined him here too. Club's literally got nowt going for it.

9 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Christ he's so thick like. Also clearly doesn't realise Sunderland, a team who has spent the majority of the last 20 years in the PL, is also in the North East. :lol:

TBF his brother did only spend the 3 years playing for them.

46 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Christ he's so thick like. Also clearly doesn't realise Sunderland, a team who has spent the majority of the last 20 years in the PL, is also in the North East. :lol:

It's highly amusing that they have been completely forgotten about as a footballing entity though. [emoji38]

I don’t know like, we literally have a foodbank created from football fans to help feed people in the local area. We have heard of stories of people who had successful careers and businesses who have ended up needing to rely on the food banks.

The cost of living in the North East is much less than other places, however wages are much less as well. Living here is only comfortable if you have an above average salary which is harder to find in our region than elsewhere in England.

It is rather true that plenty of people who struggle with the day to day costs of living in the North East save up to buy the latest shirts, tickets, and season tickets as possibly their only ‘luxury’ in life. He may not have conversed his point as well, but his point is valid.

Edited by Stifler

18 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I don’t know like, we literally have a foodbank created from football fans to help feed people in the local area. We have heard of stories of people who had successful careers and businesses who have ended up needing to rely on the food banks.

The cost of living in the North East is much less than other places, however wages are much less as well. Living here is only comfortable if you have an above average salary which is harder to find in our region than elsewhere in England.

It is rather true that plenty of people who struggle with the day to day costs of living in the North East save up to buy the latest shirts, tickets, and season tickets as possibly their only ‘luxury’ in life. He may not have conversed his point as well, but his point is valid.

Bollocks.

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

If he'd said "people in the north struggle [fucking hard] to make sure there is food on the table" he might have had a valid point.

Edited by Happinesstan

2 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

If he'd said "people in the north struggle [fucking hard] to make sure there is food on the table" he might have had a valid point.

I think my last sentence clarity’s this. I don’t think he meant people are living in constant poverty up here and struggling to eat as it used to be when my parents parents were little. I think he means it’s difficult for a lot of people where they have to manage money very carefully.

He could have worded it better but I think the gist of what he says isn’t too far away from the truth.

Mourinho's Newcastle 'dream' highlights Ashley's managerial options

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jose-mourinhos-newcastle-connection-highlights-20272220.amp

“Rafa Benitez saw it before becoming exasperated about the club's diminished aims. But there are others who do too, even now and the list of managers and football figures interested in working at Newcastle is one with serious heft on it.

Marc Overmars, who was responsible for the revival of Ajax as director of football, was seriously keen to do a similar role at Newcastle when the idea was first floated. Graham Carr proposed his name but United, infamously, went elsewhere.

It's also understood an intermediary of Arsene Wenger put out the feelers about the club when Benitez was edging towards the end of his contract. But the Wenger ally wanted to know about 'the project' before going any further.