Mike Ashley

Doctor Zaius

I'm starting to think that they are deliberately trying to get relegated.

If that were true - what would be the end game? Pissing off us supporters again?

All I can think is that it is cheaper to build a team for promotion from the championship, than a team for PL survival. Obviously promotion isn't guaranteed, but Ashley won't understand that.

It's not his personal money that is going into this. It's the club's money. The club have this money sitting around.

We know that. It's not his money that gets siphoned out, either.

The term yo-yo club exists for a very tangible reason. Maintaining a squad that is capable of being promoted is clearly cheaper than maintaining a squad that is guaranteed to secure survival. It's not rocket surgery. Any money that's sitting around has Ashley's name on it.

Ashley’s probably had more money out of the club than he put in it when he purchased us. Land, exposure to Sports Direct and his other brands, money disappearing into black holes in the accounts... Especially when you consider he could sell us for £50m even as a League 1 club.

Relegation would cost him nothing, but cost the club (and city) everything.

That’s why he genuinely just doesn’t care and is willing to ‘risk’ relegation rather than doing anything about it.

It's not his personal money that is going into this. It's the club's money. The club have this money sitting around.

The term yo-yo club exists for a very tangible reason. Maintaining a squad that is capable of being promoted is clearly cheaper than maintaining a squad that is guaranteed to secure survival. It's not rocket surgery. Any money that's sitting around has Ashley's name on it.

my point is then why the fuck does he care, he won't spend money on transfers. he won't spend money on sacking a shit manager. its just sitting there doing fuck all. and its going to cost him 100M+ on a sale, and more when he's got to figure out how to get back.

I'm starting to think that they are deliberately trying to get relegated.

If that were true - what would be the end game? Pissing off us supporters again?

Honestly, no clue.

It's a daft and highly illogical suggestion that they might be deliberately trying to get relegated but it's maybe no more or less illogical than them sitting on their hands and not doing anything about the situation.

my point is then why the fuck does he care, he won't spend money on transfers. he won't spend money on sacking a shit manager. its just sitting there doing fuck all. and its going to cost him 100M+ on a sale, and more when he's got to figure out how to get back.

It advertises his prime interest on a global scale. Even in the Championship [provided we are competing] we still get exposure due to our reputation as a PL club.

I don't know, is the honest answer. Why does a man with zero interest in football [or any athletic pursuit], but owns a giant sports retail outlet, buy a globally recognised sporting institution?

It advertises his prime interest on a global scale. Even in the Championship [provided we are competing] we still get exposure due to our reputation as a PL club.

I don't know, is the honest answer. Why does a man with zero interest in football [or any athletic pursuit], but owns a giant sports retail outlet, buy a globally recognised sporting institution?

Again, not what I'm saying but I do agree with you.

I'm saying why does he care about where the money is spent in the business he allegedly takes no money from in the form of cash (he's paid himself back recent championship loans). I'm saying in regards to the payout of Bruce and a hiring of new manager. I can't fathom why he cares because that cash is cash of the business he allegedly has said over and over is the club's money.

Again, not what I'm saying but I do agree with you.

I'm saying why does he care about where the money is spent in the business he allegedly takes no money from in the form of cash (he's paid himself back recent championship loans). I'm saying in regards to the payout of Bruce and a hiring of new manager. I can't fathom why he cares because that cash is cash of the business he allegedly has said over and over is the club's money.

Maybe he thinks Bruce is the perfect bloke to get us promoted at the first attempt. His knowledge of Bruce os probably what he hears on MOTD.

Oh Mike, you're a terrible man,

Can't you see what you've done? You've spoiled our fun,

Oh Mike Mike... you killed me old man, You turned this house into a caravan,

You know it used to be mine, even the Fog on the Tyne,

Now it's all snow and rain, am I wrong to complain ?

Am I wrong to complain ?