Do you want us to get relegated?

Rich

Do you want us to be relegated?  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want us to be relegated?

• Yes, because I don't believe the takeover is still alive
    • Yes, because while I believe the takeover is still alive I don't believe it'll happen
    • Yes, even though I believe the takeover is still alive and will happen
    • This poll is too complicated/I'm on the fence (post why)
    • No, even though I don't believe the takeover is still alive
    • No, even though I believe the takeover is still alive but don't believe it'll happen
    • No, because I believe the takeover is still alive and will happen
    • Honesty couldn’t give a fuck pal

Yes, because I think the takeover is still alive (in a manner of speaking) I don't think it will happen

but really its because the last thing I want is to delay getting rid of Ashley which staying in the premier league ensures, nothing else matters but getting rid of this bloke and that's my only remaining attachment to the football branch of his financing schemes. He's rendered relegation and promotion meaningless nevermind wins and losses.

*oh if I was guaranteed getting rid of Ashley (Bruce would invariably follow) by getting relegated and staying relegated for a few years, I'd snap your arms off

Edited by Wolfcastle

I couldn't care less whether Bruce stays or leaves as long as Ashley owns the club. I don't see a takeover happening until it costs Ashley his own money to keep it running, and that won't be possible as long as the club is in the PL.

5 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I couldn't care less whether Bruce stays or leaves as long as Ashley owns the club. I don't see a takeover happening until it costs Ashley his own money to keep it running, and that won't be possible as long as the club is in the PL.

I don't think it will matter much next season, with the parachute payments. Got to be prepared for a second season in the Championship, I reckon.

On 28/03/2021 at 16:51, Armchair Pundit said:

No, relegation would be a disaster, regardless. I'm still of the mind that 'a' takeover will happen, but if we get relegated it'll be that much more unlikely because I can't see fatty accepting a lower price. Plus, the bigger fish, if there are any still out there, are far less likely to buy a Championship club over a Premiership club, we'd likely end up with a Sunderland type owner rather than a Saudi.

A Sunderland type owner can't afford the price. Its Saudi's or nothing until the price comes down - another reason why I'm fine with relegation

40 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I don't think it will matter much next season, with the parachute payments. Got to be prepared for a second season in the Championship, I reckon.

Yup. Possibly a third and fourth too. 

In no season regardless of circumstances would I want the club to get relegated. No matter what, I want the best the club can be. However, I have lost a lot my emotion and become a bit apathetic. Because if we did go down, then I probably would feel disappointed, but wouldn’t be hurt or devastated. I’d be over it quickly. The Ashley era has made me that way, really.

Not to worry, Fraser says he's going to "pull us out of the dirt" I'm not quite sure why he's just thinking about it now like but I'm sure the extra work the stay at home players have put in will pay off.

Voted for the last option but it seems aggressively worded and I don't feel good about it because I like Rich.

However, he created the option so it's kind of his own fault. Damn you for making me hurt you, Rich.

17 hours ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

It's such a hopeless situation we are in as fans, so bloody depressing, it is getting me down in general life a bit, don't know about others.

Aye, I used to live and breathe this club pre-Ashley and have an almost encyclopaedic knowledge of stuff around it.  

I was looking forward to having kids who I could take to the match back in those days. My family has supported Newcastle for generations.  Only the other day I was talking to my Dad about how he went to the Fairs Cup Final and the FA Cup run in 1974 home and away with his brother and his dad. 

Today I now have a 7 year-old who has very little interest in football and I don't have the will to inflict the misery that a lifetime of supporting Newcastle United would entail.  My Dad who is now 70 has also given up on supporting them is very likely his later years.  60+ years of support for him and nearly 35 years for me eroded by that loose-fitting jean wearing cunt.

Too fucking depressing, man.

Edited by Sima

It used to really upset my Grandma before she died that I wasn't arsed anymore because the club had been a joint obsession for my Granddad and I. It's a massive part of your identity if you're a big football fan, arguably the biggest part, and I consider that it's been taken from me. It's fucking shit man.

I believe the takeover is still active, I'm on the fence as to whether it will amount to anything but voted yes because its what Ashley, Charnley and Bruce deserve. For what they did to Benitez, for what they've done to the club and for how they've treated the fans. We are a disgrace to football, never mind the so called "best league in the world" there are much more deserving clubs in the league below.

6 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Local hero blaring out before the game filling you with pride of being a toon fan, now it's just aload of nothingness.

'May the best team win. And we all know who that is!'

16 minutes ago, Wullie said:

It used to really upset my Grandma before she died that I wasn't arsed anymore because the club had been a joint obsession for my Granddad and I. It's a massive part of your identity if you're a big football fan, arguably the biggest part, and I consider that it's been taken from me. It's fucking shit man.

8 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Local hero blaring out before the game filling you with pride of being a toon fan, now it's just aload of nothingness.

30 minutes ago, Sima said:

Aye, I used to live and breathe this club pre-Ashley and have an almost encyclopaedic knowledge of stuff around it.  

I was looking forward to having kids who I could take to the match back in those days. My family has supported Newcastle for generations.  Only the other day I was talking to my Dad about how he went to the Fairs Cup Final and the FA Cup run in 1974 home and away with his brother and his dad. 

Today I now have a 7 year-old who has very little interest in football and I don't have the will to inflict the misery that a lifetime of supporting Newcastle United would entail.  My Dad who is now 70 has also given up on supporting them is very likely his later years.  60+ years of support for him and nearly 35 years for me eroded by that loose-fitting jean wearing cunt.

Too fucking depressing, man.

Heartbreaking reading stuff like this. I was buzzing to be able to take the bairn (now two-and-a-half) to the match with his Uncle @HUGZ when he got a bit older, but there's nee chance of that as it currently stands. Suppose he might be better off in the long run, like, I still carry anger around with me every day due to the state we're in and it can't be healthy.

Edited by Atticus

The anger left me a good few years ago thankfully. I think the fact I was typing out the same post on here several times a week for years on end eventually bored it out of me.

I actually find myself these days referring to the club as Newcastle rather than "us", that's how much I could currently give a toss.

16 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

No. Ashley, Charnley and Bruce deserve it but the club, fans and city doesn't. We'd be absolutely fucked until a takeover happened as I believe we'd never come back up whilst Ashley is owner.

This. Probably more confident on the coming back up thing, but in the meantime it would also mean losing some of the few positives - players like Schar, Miggy and ASM.

Obviously they'd also rightly escape the club if Bruce is retained, so he needs fucking shooting from a canon wherever we end up.

3 minutes ago, Alberts_Lob said:

I don't want us to go down but Bruce deserves to have a relegation on his CV for being a total coward 

He wouldn't be affected by having a relegation on his CV. He couldn't care less.
He's got no sense of self pride. If he did, he'd have tried to improve himself over the last 20 odd years. 
If he can get paid for doing as little work as possible, then he's oblivious to anything else going on in the world.