Do you want us to get relegated?

Rich

Do you want us to be relegated?  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want us to be relegated?

• Yes, because I don't believe the takeover is still alive
    • Yes, because while I believe the takeover is still alive I don't believe it'll happen
    • Yes, even though I believe the takeover is still alive and will happen
    • This poll is too complicated/I'm on the fence (post why)
    • No, even though I don't believe the takeover is still alive
    • No, even though I believe the takeover is still alive but don't believe it'll happen
    • No, because I believe the takeover is still alive and will happen
    • Honesty couldn’t give a fuck pal

Too many unknown variables mean I couldn’t say one way or another.

don’t know if PIF will takeover in the Championship or if they will even be allowed.

don’t know what the outcome of arbitration etc will be if we stay in this league. Don’t know of any other viable bidders and what the circumstances will be for them taking over.

don’t know what a relegation would look like this time if Ashley can’t sell.

The takeover is long since over.

Yes, I want us relegated as I believe 2 or 3 seasons in the Championship is the only way Ashley will sell up.

I'd gladly take 2 or 3 seasons outside the Premier League if it ended the 14 years of no hope and no ambition under Ashley.

Even if there is a 1% chance of the takeover I will say no. Also the thought of playing against Sunderland with a serial loser like Bruce in charge doesn't bear thinking about. 

Edited by TRon

Couldn't care less.

Not including Rafa, the club have made it clear that we simply can't compete in the Premier League, so maybe it's best we go down and stay down to play at a level more suited for us. Like if you ignore the 100 odd million Bruce has spent, it's obvious we don't have money to spend, so it's not fair on us playing against big spenders like Burnley. 

Yes I've had enough of Mike Ashley's era and believe the only way he'll sell will be when we sink Futher, and fans/pundits finally realise what be has done to this club and walk away.

He brought us to cake in on the premier League money and gate revenue. once that drys up and we keep failing to return because we can't hire better players or managers it's bye bye Ashley unless he wants a Leeds situation

While I don’t want a relegation I want a takeover and a path forward more. I firmly believe dropping into the Championship will facilitate this in a quicker manner.

I mean, what changes if we stay up. Jonjo Shelvey will still be playing for us. Steve Bruce will still be manager. I think that’s worse to be honest than the opportunities a good aul relegation will give, especially if/when the takeover goes through.

I may be jumping to many conclusions when it comes to guessing what Mike Ashley is doing but surely everyone can agree that something is very odd with the managerial situation at the club. It’s plain as day we’re going down with him in charge and yet all that’s happening is what seems to be a civil war in the dressing room, players pleading with the club not to allow this relegation and yet it’s all falling on intentional deaf ears.

Went for no even though I believe the takeover is still alive but don't believe it'll happen.

The reason is curiosity to see what happens with this arbitration. I don't thibk the club will ultimately win, but would like to see it pushed all the way so there's no wondering "what if" for the rest of my life. Relegation now would allow any of the Saudis, Staveley, the PL to pull out without losing face and also allow the bullshit merchants on Twitter to claim credibility for their bullshit.

If we stay up then there is no "easy out" and it's got to come to a head one way or another. And if it doesn't go through then all the grifters and whoppers look as daft as they are.

I'd also add that I think the club is in such a state now that relegation would absolutely fuck it up and it would take a long time to come back, even if Ashley does eventually leave. Tron also makes a good point about the spectre of playing sunderland with the bacon nonce still in charge next season.

That said, if we do go down, we all know the club has had it coming and it will be deserved. Ashley and Charnley wanted Rafa out because they didn't like him meddling, they got to run the club the way they wanted and they've fucked it up again. So I don't think it will piss me off as much as the last two did.

Honestly don't give a fuck and that's the most annoying thing. I give so little of a fuck that a huge relegation doesn't even stir up a single emotion, I just don't care, fuck it, whatever happens will happen and it'll get the same reaction from me - nothing. 

No, because I believe Ashley wants rid and the best chance of selling is in the PL. 

I'd be gutted but would take a little bit of solace that it would highlight how shit Bruce is to everyone and how we were right all along. 

35 minutes ago, midds said:

Honestly don't give a fuck and that's the most annoying thing. I give so little of a fuck that a huge relegation doesn't even stir up a single emotion, I just don't care, fuck it, whatever happens will happen and it'll get the same reaction from me - nothing. 

Yup. Add don't give a fuck to the options please.

1 hour ago, cubaricho said:

Absolutely not. I want to see our club do as well as possible, all of the time.

Aye. Definitely wouldn't be as painful as the two previous relegations, but would still be shite. Shite for the region, and shite because it's unlikely to have any sort of long term benefit in terms of takeover/ manager / whatever.

No, the club has been relegated twice in recent memory, and any positive changes that resulted were exceedingly temporary. These were fortunate times as well; the lower divisions are where "big clubs" go to die, and become "small clubs" within a generation. When some people say they want the club to go down, there is an element of optimism in the statement, as though this a just rewards for its current stewards that will lead to a brighter future, free of conmen like Ashley and Bruce, reborn as a competitive entity. The reality may be significantly bleaker than that. The club may slide into the abyss for the decade(s).

10 minutes ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

No, the club has been relegated twice in recent memory, and any positive changes that resulted were exceedingly temporary. These were fortunate times as well; the lower divisions are where "big clubs" go to die, and become "small clubs" within a generation. When some people say they want the club to go down, there is an element of optimism in the statement, as though this a just rewards for its current stewards that will lead to a brighter future, free of conmen like Ashley and Bruce, reborn as a competitive entity. The reality may be significantly bleaker than that. The club may slide into the abyss for the decade(s).

Yeah, really well put. The potential bleakness (which is much more realistic this time, imo) doesn't outweigh the satisfaction of the arseholes getting what they deserve.

No.

very much like many others though, I couldn’t give a fuk if we do.I’ve gone on record many times that I never ever want us to lose , under no circumstances, ever. It doesn’t stop me hating Bruce and this owner .

The life has been sucked out of me, this club has been my life, my love and always will be but just not the same way as in the past. Like a wife cheating on me I guess who I loved with everything I had. 

Bit dramatic but that’s my comparison.I can barely raise a cheer when we score, I turn off when we go behind because I know the outcome will be shite. This isn’t the love for a club I once had, it’s just horrible now but no I don’t want relegation, never.

I want us to stay up only because I believe the takeover could be in jeopardy if we go down. Not that I'm that positive the takeover will happen anyway but it's more likely if we avoid relegation. I just hope Bruce is shown the door beforehand so he can't take any credit for keeping us up.

If we do go down though I don't think I'll be that bothered. Past caring what happens to this club while Ashley is here