Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Another home game gone, and a few more key players injured.

But hey, still knee-jerk, right?

The situation could and should have been avoided though. The decision making has been shocking since this thread was started. Did anyone seriously think we'd have Hughton in charge at such an important point of the season?

It really is on the proverbial 'knife-edge'. I always thought we'd pull a few results out of the bag to save us but I can't see it happening.

I've shifted from a stubborn 1 to a more realistic 5 in the last few days. We've still got enough about us to grind out 5 good results to stay up but, for the first time this season, I'm really, genuinely, honestly thinking we could well go down. :neutral:

Still 6 and will remain 6 after the Chelsea game no matter what the result is. Only way it will change is if every team around us grab a win in the next round of fixtures.

Am I the only one having flash forwards from time to time where I am sitting in my seat distraught after the Fulham game knowing that we are either a) relegated or b) contemplating the grim fact that we need to win at Villa on the last day to stay up?

I cant help it.

I can't bring myself to be intensely angry or in tears or anything... there might be a couple when it actually happens... but the rapid deterioration of the club, combined with the inevitability of us going down, just leaves me feeling numb and full of meh.

I'm not quite at a 10 but it's probably going to happen now. We needed to beat Hull.

I can't bring myself to be intensely angry or in tears or anything... there might be a couple when it actually happens... but the rapid deterioration of the club, combined with the inevitability of us going down, just leaves me feeling numb and full of meh.

I'm not quite at a 10 but it's probably going to happen now. We needed to beat Hull.

That my friend is apathy.  I feel it too, no doubt the moment when we do go down will hit me like a ton of bricks.

That my friend is apathy.  I feel it too, no doubt the moment when we do go down will hit me like a ton of bricks.

I know. I've been trying to convince myself all season that i'm not apathetic, but i have barely flinched at any result this season since it was blatantly obvious Kinnear was taking us nowhere. Somewhere around the Mackems loss/Stoke draw.

That includes the Liverpool home game, West Brom win, this one. I looked at BBC site, saw the result, shrugged, and went back to work. There's been the odd occassion where we've won where i've been elated, think Spurs was the last genuine one, but i can count on one hand the goals i've properly celebrated this season, as in brought the house down.

We're going absolutely fucking nowhere as things stand and as unpassionate/unsupportive as it may sound, it's probably better for my health that i feel this way. :lol: 

I'm expecting some snidey "fuck off and support someone else, then" comment is on it's way from someone...

I know. I've been trying to convince myself all season that i'm not apathetic, but i have barely flinched at any result this season since it was blatantly obvious Kinnear was taking us nowhere. Somewhere around the Mackems loss/Stoke draw.

That includes the Liverpool home game, West Brom win, this one. I looked at BBC site, saw the result, shrugged, and went back to work. There's been the odd occassion where we've won where i've been elated, think Spurs was the last genuine one, but i can count on one hand the goals i've properly celebrated this season, as in brought the house down.

We're going absolutely f***ing nowhere as things stand and as unpassionate/unsupportive as it may sound, it's probably better for my health that i feel this way. :lol: 

I'm expecting some snidey "f*** off and support someone else, then" comment is on it's way from someone...

I know what you mean.  Take today for example, I was supporting the team as much as anyone, yet when we went 3-1 down I switched immediately from going mental to just laughing and joking with my mates as if we werent even at the match.

It's shocking that it has come to this tbh.

Guest Darth Toon

Guess I wasted that money I put on us finishing in the top 6 like Fat Mike told us.

And Uncle Derek's target of 46 points is looking a trifle ambitious.

With other team picknig up points I reckon we need 4 wins from the last 7 games (forget Chelsea). We've won 6 from 30.

9. We're as good as gone.

We're going absolutely f***ing nowhere as things stand and as unpassionate/unsupportive as it may sound, it's probably better for my health that i feel this way. :lol: 

I'm expecting some snidey "f*** off and support someone else, then" comment is on it's way from someone...

I know what you mean.  Take today for example, I was supporting the team as much as anyone, yet when we went 3-1 down I switched immediately from going mental to just laughing and joking with my mates as if we werent even at the match.

It's shocking that it has come to this tbh.

Agree with all that. The commentator said something like "It's always a good sign when half time comes as a nuance rather than a relief". I said "Not where Newcastle are concerned. It just means we spurned a load of chances and the other team will come out fired up after a team talk. Arsenal will probably score early and knock the stuffing out of us". When they did score first it was no surprise. As per usual we played well (to a point) against a good team and then lost. Not only that but we may have lost two important players to injury in the process.

I expect us to lose these days. Newcastle losing used to ruin my whole day or weekend. Having slept on it my 8 is now a 9. We are in the bottom 3, 2 points behind Blackburn. We are now relying on other teams results.

Guest ExiledGeordie

I'm on an 8 at the moment but I do take heart in the way they went about Arsenal yesterday. Fair enough Arsenal's class told in the end but there was still spirit there. If we can take that into the games such as Stoke away then who knows. But yes I would say that failure to win or get anything at Stoke would be catastrophic. If they beat us they would increase the gap which will be pivotal going into the home games we have a chance of winning. If a gap opens up it might be too late.

Still on an 8.  Not mocking the recent posts in this thread, but in general I'm surprised that people are leaning even further to relegation after yesterday's result.  Surely it was obvious before the game that it was very likely that we would lose? We played quite well in parts and if S.Taylor and Bassong didn't get injured then we may have got a draw.

Anyone done the bbc league predictor? assuming we can beat Boro, Fulham and Portsmouth at home then we can stay up.  I had done the predictor a while back based on us losing to Arsenal and Chelsea and it showed that we had to flirt in the relegation spots during this time.  We have a few 6 pointers to play for plus the teams around us still have to play some big sides.  Were not down yet.

Guest LucaAltieri

Jumped from a 1 to a 5.

We are now really in amongst it but it's still within our capabilities to get out of the situation.

Still on an 8.  Not mocking the recent posts in this thread, but in general I'm surprised that people are leaning even further to relegation after yesterday's result.  Surely it was obvious before the game that it was very likely that we would lose? We played quite well in parts and if S.Taylor and Bassong didn't get injured then we may have got a draw.

Anyone done the bbc league predictor? assuming we can beat Boro, Fulham and Portsmouth at home then we can stay up.  I had done the predictor a while back based on us losing to Arsenal and Chelsea and it showed that we had to flirt in the relegation spots during this time.  We have a few 6 pointers to play for plus the teams around us still have to play some big sides.  Were not down yet.

i think its more the other results going against us and being in the relegation zone

Cannot beleive the blind faith and optimism some of the posters on here! Fair play to you all but for me Im still at a 9 and rapidly edging towards the "doomed" option.

Anyone convince me with words of positivism why I shouldnt be so pessimistic?!

Luca......1-5, your pint glass must be always half full......