Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Despite all the money spent, all the international players, all the wages, the fact remains that the club is rotten to the core and theres no passion any more. Can't see how we can avoid it this year, even the 3 promoted teams are picking up the wins.

The main problem has always been Mike Ashley and it always will be.

McClaren will take this club down. Sadly for the fans...

Fucking awesome, because it gives Mike Ashley exactly what he deserves. To see he blew a lot of money to get this in return, is also beautiful.

The main problem has always been Mike Ashley and it always will be.

McClaren will take this club down. Sadly for the fans...

Fucking awesome, because it gives Mike Ashley exactly what he deserves. To see he blew a lot of money to get this in return, is also beautiful.

He's made a fucking fortune during his time here.

assuming we lose to citeh and chelsea after losing this 2 points from 8 games is a fucking horror story tbh, we'll need 38 points from 30 games just to get safety :anguish:

why couldn't the stupid cunts just have hired a good manager?

I know. The guy's a Brent-sized fraud like Rodgers and he's on the fucking board. We're such a mess. We'll win the passing a bit though.

I come across people like this at work and wonder how they have any job at all, never mind somehow being above me.

They just don't know what they're doing in both cases.

Oh, get in!

Maybe it's my natural toon pessimism

The natural pessimism of the (non CL monied) football fan, I reckon.

:snod:

Think you're bang on for the PL clubs Brummie.

The whole acceptance of the 'also ran' status has most lads I talk to from other clubs feeling much the same as we voice on here. one step away from a poor season and a relegation battle. Glasses much more half empty than full.

My Boro supporting mate on the other hand is cockahoop with footy at the moment and to be honest I'm getting loads of fun and enjoyment from going to watch Stenny.

Just watching a more even matched, levelish kind of playing field is refreshing. Plus the way less hype and utter media guff that surrounds it as well.

That's why I hope we give the cups a real go this season. Imagine actually competing in something again.

Starting the season with the knowledge that it is an impossibility to win your league, when you support a club which has a bit of history of doing well, like you, us, Everton, I honestly think that is the most dispiriting thing of all.

Newly promoted fans -> Yay! We're in the top flight, isn't it amazing (Watford, Bournemouth etc)

Champions league fans -> Yay! Midweek matches against your Juventuses or your Real Madrids.

Recently established top flight teams -> Yay! We're midway in the table, that's about as good as it has been for years.

Us, you, Everton, Spurs maybe -> No chance of winning the league any more. Not much yay there.

In some ways it reduces watching football to something like watching share prices, as the extra emotional part of football gradually gets squeezed out year after year.

I'm going to our league cup match on Tuesday and it'll be about the third or fourth game I've been to in the last three years. Before that I was a season ticket holder for years and years. It is surprising how easily the hope and aspiration side of football slip away.

Well put. This is exactly it. Even detaching myself from the deplorable nature of our own club, even if we were still behaving properly, my interest would have wained. There's no real joy being in the Premier League.

Mackems next 2 matches could well see them joint-bottom with us, thing is, they might just once again have the fight to get out of it. We won't.

Quite possible that come the derby both teams could be winless, would make that game interesting :lol:

Chin up lads, we're all in this together.

Like one big happy NE family.

There's nothing in this league for either of us. Start again with young academy players would be my preference. Just sick of the shit served up and not fooled by the odd game trying

There's nothing in this league for either of us. Start again with young academy players would be my preference. Just sick of the s*** served up and not fooled by the odd game trying

Aye I'm this way inclined at present

There's nothing in this league for either of us. Start again with young academy players would be my preference. Just sick of the s*** served up and not fooled by the odd game trying

Problem is the academy players seem to get beat just about every week also