Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

We have had a tough start, well the first 4 games were, especially factoring in the sendings off.  But West Ham are mediocre as f*** and we've made them look like a FIFA all star team.  They didn't even appear to be trying for half the game and they still embarrassed us.

I've not been worried at all this season.  I even thought we'd finish top half.  But no goals in 4 games and hardly any chances created.  The only time we threaten goal, is when Janmaat has one of his many shots.  Throw in the fact Colo is weak as p*ss and we are all over the show defensively, it's hardly a good mix.

McClaren still keeps sending the same 4-2-3-1 out there, with no creativity and keeps playing the same out of form players, or players out of position.  It's grim.

Oh god, not this fucking thread again :anguish:

I'm worried that we're putting too much stress on the relegationometer, using it so much every season. I'd like to think we'd eventually have a season where we do well enough to give it a break, but we should probably just pass the hat to raise funds for a new one in case it goes tits up.

We've played 4 of last season's top 8. Our start is horrendous but hopefully after the second International break we'll have a better gelled team for the decent run of fixtures we have in October/November. If we're going to stick with 1 up front, Mitrovic is absolutely vital as he actually holds the bloody ball up instead, once he's a fixture in the team (if he tones down the crazy) I'm confident we'll be midtable.

Skin of the teeth if we do stay up on the showings so far. very early days I know but we look poor.

Think we will do it, but only just....again. Mackems look doomed to same kind of season too, thankfully.

Saturday could be massive re confidence and releasing some tension. Lose at home to Watford and we are really looking at a grim season...win and maybe it can get us moving.

I think we're both going down. Yourselves with a whimper. We might put up a bit of a fight. What I've seen from yourselves just screams relegation. Devoid of a defence and a threat going forward.

Mind I've said that about us the last few seasons and we always manage to stay up...

Absolutely no chance we're going down IMO, if we do then McClaren will have to prove himself to be one of the worst managers in Premier League history.

That's a very bold statement chap.

We've already seen the likes of Stoke, West Ham, Southampton and Swansea overtake us. Now we've got Leicester and Palace who've come up and passed us too, Villa seem to have a bit about them and we're relying on the promoted teams struggling in order to keep our necks above water. We've made an horrific start and it could get even worse after the next 3 games and the pressure will build if we get cut adrift.

Monday night was truly frightening.

Absolutely no chance we're going down IMO, if we do then McClaren will have to prove himself to be one of the worst managers in Premier League history.

Think you're in for a big shock - we are in deep shit already and there is no way  in hell it's going to change with this manager. Any team who can't keep clean sheets and can't score is in serious trouble and boy are we not.

I'm not diving into this until about half the games are up, everything is a horrible mess atm but we've had a number of tough fixtures and two where a man has been sent off.

I expect us to beat Watford then get reamed for two games, at that point we really need to be looking to kick on having played all of the top 4 from last year.

Lose to Watford it takes a different complexion though, they need to fucking win a game to get some confidence.

Skin of the teeth if we do stay up on the showings so far. very early days I know but we look poor.

Think we will do it, but only just....again. Mackems look doomed to same kind of season too, thankfully.

Saturday could be massive re confidence and releasing some tension. Lose at home to Watford and we are really looking at a grim season...win and maybe it can get us moving.

This - all of it. Anyone thinking that 'its early days, tough fixtures etc etc' is living in dreamland or has never seen a REAL relegation season/team. Once you get into a long losing streak it becomes very hard to get out of it and I have seen 3 relegated Newcastle sides in the past 38 years, not to mention numerous poor seasons where we escaped by a few points. Even in the season after we signed Supermac we struggled until November when we signed Tony Green and he almost single-handedly sparked life into the side. However, we DID have players like Macdonald and Tudor who had the potential to be a really good strike force and Green's addition to m/f got them going....this side has NO goalscorer in Tudor's class, let alone Macdonald's and the defence is much worse than the one in 71-72. We DO need a dominant and constructive m/f player but we are not going to get one and by the time Christmas comes things will be very difficult unless we start looking like creating and taking chances which we are not doing now.

After Watford, Chelsea and Man C lie in wait and Chelsea are not going to be poor for long - they have too much talent all round and we could cop a hiding unless they break their losing streak before then. OK, so we have played Man U and Arsenal but neither are really the power they were and we have also played sides we should expect points from so Watford IS a cruncher. The rot has to stop or it will be too late - relegation sides show a distinct lack of confidence and ability to score goals...this is NUFC right now, not last season or the one before - NOW, and after spending a reasonable amount of dosh(probably nowhere near enough), excuses for continuing poor performances are going to wear thin...its one thing to be playing well, creating chances but not taking them, and another thing not to be creating chances at all whilst conceding easily at the back ; there is only one ending for sides who do this regularly in any league....

We are a 7 and will remain that way until things pick up.

I'm not diving into this until about half the games are up, everything is a horrible mess atm but we've had a number of tough fixtures and two where a man has been sent off.

I expect us to beat Watford then get reamed for two games, at that point we really need to be looking to kick on having played all of the top 4 from last year.

Lose to Watford it takes a different complexion though, they need to f***ing win a game to get some confidence.

This is where I'm at too at this point in time. We are only 2-3 points behind where I hoped/expected us to be five games in, which isn't catastrophic by any measure, but things need to pick up and very fast, starting with Watford at the weekend. If we are cut adrift in the bottom 3 after the next three games it might be very difficult to recover from that and every so-called easier game will fast become a must win. We saw at the back end of last season how the players cope with that sort of pressure.

I can see us having to spend £20m-£30m in the Jan window to stay up.

We need to win a run of games and I can't see where that's coming from.

I actually reckon Ashley would invest this winter window due to the implications of going down and how close he came to getting his fingers burnt last season which was due, in part, to a joke of a January window.

Think you're in for a big shock - we are in deep s*** already and there is no way  in hell it's going to change with this manager. Any team who can't keep clean sheets and can't score is in serious trouble and boy are we not.

:lol: We're 5 games into the season, we've played Man U away, Southampton and Arsenal at home and did pretty well in all those games. Calm the fuck down.

I actually reckon Ashley would invest this winter window due to the implications of going down and how close he came to getting his fingers burnt last season which was due, in part, to a joke of a January window.

Spend on what? We've got a bench full of attacking players McLaren won't play and we can't score goals [emoji38]

Think you're in for a big shock - we are in deep s*** already and there is no way  in hell it's going to change with this manager. Any team who can't keep clean sheets and can't score is in serious trouble and boy are we not.

:lol: We're 5 games into the season, we've played Man U away, Southampton and Arsenal at home and did pretty well in all those games. Calm the f*** down.

Exactly :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Havent changed my view that we will be around 14th at the end of the season, still cant get my head round the lack of defensive improvements and only swapping Santon/MYM for Mbemba the last 12 months.

Spend on what? We've got a bench full of attacking players McLaren won't play and we can't score goals [emoji38]

An imposing holding MF and Austin probably.