Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

At this stage of the season last season 18th place had 27 points and 17th place had 28 points. The team finishing in 18th ended up with 34 points.

Right now both 18th and 19th have 27 points (19th placed Stoke have a game to play against Man City), and 17th placed Southampton have 28 points.

Practically the perfect weekend. Would love to catch Bournemouth and it looks more likely after this weeks results.

If we beat Huddlesfield I'm going to start looking up the table.

With three weeks to prepare for that game next, I wouldn't back against us getting a good result tbh.

It's probably going to be one of those seasons where by the last weekend many teams could still either be relegated or finish like 12th/13th. Sure that happened to us under Pardew one year where we flirted with relegation all season and ended up finishing 13th or something.

12/13 when we finished 16th after the 5th season was quite close irrc.

Fwiw I'd be shocked if we did actually make top ten. Would probably be less shocked if we still ended up finishing closer to 18th than 10th. Just getting giddy after such a good weekend. :aww:

I'd love to be as confident as some are but I just can't bring myself to be. That Bournemouth equaliser has left a really sour taste despite the fantastic win yesterday. This club ffs...

Beating that s*** tip Huddersfield next would all but guarantee our safety though. Can't stand them, their players, or their manager.

It's probably going to be one of those seasons where by the last weekend many teams could still either be relegated or finish like 12th/13th. Sure that happened to us under Pardew one year where we flirted with relegation all season and ended up finishing 13th or something.

A few years ago when it was between us and Hull who went down on the final day, we ended up finishing 14th.

Voted 4, If it was any other club I'd vote a 3 as it's not likely and 2 wins (possibly less) would be enough to stay up, however this is not any other club, this is NUFC and a degree of pessimism comes along with it.

Voted 4, If it was any other club I'd vote a 3 as it's not likely and 2 wins (possibly less) would be enough to stay up, however this is not any other club, this is NUFC and a degree of pessimism comes along with it.

This is Newcastle under Rafa Benitez, we're not going down.