Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Feeling a lot more positive now. Shelvey and Diame have formed a real unit in the middle of the park; Lascelles remains solid; Lejeune has improved and Dummett is in great form. Even Ritchie's picked up, and I thought he was basically done for. The goalie looks an improvement on Darlow/Elliot, too, which has been important.

So we look really fit and robust and the squad's got a great togetherness, moreso than certain other teams at this end of the table. The problem will always be converting chances, but with Slimani to come in, maybe we'll see a greater percentage of chances taken.

It would be a heck of a run, but we could be looking at 39 points before we go to Goodison.

We'll be alright, there's 3 shitter teams than us tbf.

This is it for me. :thup: This is where I've had problems for most of the season... I haven't been convinced that there has been, given that we've got a Championship squad. But now - lots of our players are improving quite significantly, to the extent that it's having a big effect on our results. I didn't think we were anything flash today but it just feels like almost everyone's come into at least a little bit of form.

If we beat WBA & Huddersfield at home Stoke or Palace (if both lose this weekend) would have to win half their games to finish above us...its in our hands at home, we should see this through.

Be great if we get a point from Spuds.

Guest Howaythetoon

Of the candidates... I’m basing this on what I’ve seen of them and their form rather than fixtures left!

WBA... they are f***ed so long as Pardew is manager and even if they get rid now, it’s probably an uphill task. Mind, it wouldn’t surprise me if the c*** got a fluke win at SJP just to p*ss us off one more time. They are doomed IMO.

Stoke... I haven’t seen much of them under Lambert so cannot comment much. Shakiri has come into form and they’ve only lost one of their last 5, although drawing 4. They have a chance. Just!

Palace... for me they have the most talented squad down there and every time I watch them they cause whoever they are playing real problems. They have fight, spirit, togetherness and seem a team who are doing their all to stay up. Plus Hodgson is a wily old fox IMO. They have lost their last 4 games however, and the two before that were draws, one against us. They have a chance. Just!

Southampton... the worst team I’ve seen us play home or away this season. They remind me of us under McClaren, no fight or anything, just going through the motions. They have won only once in their last 6 games, although they’ve drawn 3, but lost 2, one to us today which has them 4 points behind us. Their fans are against the manager and should they stick with him, I cannot see them surviving. If they get rid they have a slight chance, but otherwise I think they look destined to go down along with WBA.

West Ham... currently only 2 points off us having lost 4 of their last 6 games, winning the once and drawing the once. They seem a club in turmoil however with a manager who isn’t wanted by the fans and they have some tough home fixtures coming up which you would think being at home would help, but not with that kind of toxic atmosphere. A few weeks back they looked OK, but are now back in it. Are they the one to get dragged into it? I think they are in real danger.

Huddersfield... 12th in the form table, but only 2 wins in 6. Their game against us is a huge game for both clubs. A draw wouldn’t be a bad result for both sides following today’s fixtures, but whoever wins can look up rather than down. Either way, I fancy them to stay up.

Swansea... they are 6th in the form table with only 1 defeat in 6 games and have showed fight, togetherness and a real spirit. Their football has improved too. They were dead and buried at the start of the year but they have had a tremendous new manager bounce. I fancy them to stay up as they have now become hard to beat, today down to 10 men for 70 + minutes for example and they get a draw.

Newcastle... us. We are 9th in the form table over the last 6 games with one defeat, away to Liverpool. What gives me hope is that we too have a togetherness, a fight in us, a team spirit that is very strong. We also have one or two games that are winnable. Winning today has given us a huge boost and a great opportunity to put a distance between us and those below us. Bold prediction, I think we will now stay up but we need 2 more wins at least and a draw or two. Huddersfield and WBA at home will decide our fate.

Bournemouth... had we held on for a win away to them, they would be in the mix as things stand and while only a point ahead of us, I cannot see them going down. They have lost once only in their last 5 games. They also have a game in hand as things stand.

Brighton... sitting pretty in mid-table despite losing today. They are 5th in the form table and only 2 points ahead of us, but they are proving a good side and I do not think they will go down.

My predictions to go down:

WBA 20th

Southampton 19th

WHU 18th

I think we will finish on 39 to 40 points. We must beat Huddersfield at home next up, however. Do that and we are on the final lap if you like. Again a huge huge 3 points today. Had we lost...

When you say "West ham are 4 points off us", what do you mean?

Because we've took 6 off them, and started today a point behind and finished 2 ahead? :lol:

I agree with most of what you said, but I think it'll be Stoke or Huddersfield for the last spot, purely down to GD.

West Brom.

Soton.

Stoke / Hudd.

Essentially 5 of the teams below us have to get more points than us between now and the end of the season and I think that's now pretty unlikely, some are absolute stinkers of teams. A few have the quality but not enough.

Guest covmag

down WILL be WBA , SOUTHAMPTON, STOKE

no chance after today we will go, million percent staying up, HWTL  O0 :smitten:

Guest Howaythetoon

Form table WHU are in free fall with a run if DLWLLL where as Huddersfield have similar form, but have picked up 7 points from their last 4 games. Stoke have lost only once in their last 5 games, but 4 of those games were draws. They cannot buy a win it seems. They are one point behind Southampton with a game in hand, though, who also cannot buy a win. For me WBA are down and Southampton look like a team destined to go down like us the season before last and in 2008. It’s between West Ham, Stoke and Palace and maybe Huddersfield. We can help on that front by beating them. If they were to win... well that would put is in their place and make it between us, West Ham, Stoke and Palace. Based purely on watching the various teams, ourselves have a lot going for us in terms of team spirit, fight, togetherness and winnable fixtures. We do not look like a team that is doomed like WBA and perhaps Southampton and even West Ham.

Points taken from teams below us.

Swansea - two games - 4 points

Huddersfield - one game - 0 points

West Ham - two games - 6 points

Soton - two games - 4 points

Palace - two games - 4 points

Stoke - two games - 6 points

West Brom - one game - 1 point

Beating Huddersfield and Brom would cap a decent season. Rafa showing established PL teams up with a championship squad :lol:

Wait til he has money!