Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

2. We've lost 3 since early December... twice to Man City and one away at Liverpool.

WBA and Huddersfield at home - 4 points there and we're home and dry IMO. That would give us 36pts with a healthy GD, so effectively 37pts. That alone will do it, but we'll pick up the odd other win and draw from the other six games.

I think we'll see 41 points come the season end.

West Ham conceding near two a game against the bottom half. I've not watched them, so Moyes may still do "dour", but it's a long time since his Everton days of doing "solid". Unlike the Mackems perhaps, this is a mess of his own making.

Our three defeats in that table were all 1-0. The Bournemouth home game had a wrongly disallowed goal, and Brighton away had a retroactive red card. They were all games decided by fine margins.

Moyes at 17 on what he spent in the summer.

It's hard to see Pardew surviving now, so I hope they get no-one and it's Carver who finally relegates them. A gallant effort, but relegated, might have got Pardew another gig, but he's only made bad things worse. I think it might actually register with people this time.

If we just keep plugging away we won’t need to worry about anyone else’s results. Highly unlikely enough teams will pick up form if we keep collecting points like we are. Forget about them, just keep getting our job done.

Yep, spot on. Think we're going to chug along and be safe, hopefully be able to enjoy some results while we're at it.

5 points man, 6 with goal difference. We aren't getting relegated like.

Really proud of a team with limitations and a manager who I love.

Looking forward to talking about who we aren't signing on the Summer.  :lol:

Still a bit early to be singing "staying up, going down" but it's looking promising, with most teams 'new manager bounce' wearing off when we've hit a little bit of form. 3 points against Huddersfield would be magic

3 points off Huddersfield would be great, and if yesterdays win has us with 1 foot in the Premier league next season, then a win over Huddersfield will mean that our other foot is about to cross the line. I'm off to the Leicester match, so going there without much pressure and being able to just enjoy the day out would be great. It would be very nice if we could secure safety with a few games left so that we can sit back and savour just watching our games and the results come in without worrying about the implications of each goal.

Yesterdays results puts me at about a 3, thats assuming Man City beat Stoke.

We may be low on quality overall, but boy do I love to have players that fucking take responsibility and show that they really care and work hard and do their best most of the time, even if it somehow frustrates us when it's not enough. I don't think we have one single player that I'd like to slap in the face with the outside of a shovel, and that says it all. The attitude and work rate from the players along with Rafa's quality as manager means we're solid in general and hard to beat. Therefore we look very likely to stay up. Under a different manager and slimey players we'd have been long gone.

Guest firetotheworks

I can't get my head around Southampton not getting rid of Pellegrino like, it's baffling. If they did I'd bank on them staying up, but obviously as long as he stays they're in trouble.

We may be low on quality overall, but boy do I love to have players that f***ing take responsibility and show that they really care and work hard and do their best most of the time, even if it somehow frustrates us when it's not enough. I don't think we have one single player that I'd like to slap in the face with the outside of a shovel, and that says it all. The attitude and work rate from the players along with Rafa's quality as manager means we're solid in general and hard to beat. Therefore we look very likely to stay up. Under a different manager and slimey players we'd have been long gone.

:clap:

If we just keep plugging away we won’t need to worry about anyone else’s results. Highly unlikely enough teams will pick up form if we keep collecting points like we are. Forget about them, just keep getting our job done.

I'm still scratching my head wondering how we have lost so few games with that squad. Even yesterday when we scored three goals, not one of them was by a striker. Our top scorer is still on five goals right?